Friday 1 May 2015

Stamper Anonymous at Mixed Media Monthly

Hello everyone and welcome to my third post today....
At the Mixed Media Monthly blog the theme for the month of May is "Flowers".
Our wonderful Sponsors are Stamper Anonymous, and you could win two Dina Wakely stamps and stencils if you decide to play!!!

Here is a picture of the prize, you don't want to miss this right?

Here is my Design Team piece:

My substrate is a Calico Craft Parts Mixed Media Greyboard, 8 x 8 in size. The list of Stampers Anonymous stamps I used is as follows:
Perspectives (background and sentiment)
Papillon (Background)
Classics 14
Oddities

I started with a piece of Prima paper, inked around the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink, did some stenciling in the background and stamped the letter D from the Classics 14 set in white acrylic paint. I know that my colours are not very Spring like, but after having posted one bright and colourful piece today already, I felt like doing something in more muted tones.
More stenciling and stamping was added for interest and I over stamped the D in Black archival to create a kind of shadow effect. Here are some close ups:




Next came a panel, this time from a scrap of paper from the Ken Oliver Studio 6 x 6 papers, and you guessed it, - more background stamping and stenciling.
A beautiful large flourish came next. I altered it with the help of Decoart sand paste, Decoart Crackle Glaze, Media Line Fluid Acrylic in Burnt Umber and Antiquing Cream to match my background.
And finally a flower cluster to go with the theme of the challenge. The large flowers were created with the help of the Tim Holtz Tattered Pinecone die and coloured with a mix of sprays, inks, crackle and embossing powders.

Well, that's it, of course I adhered my piece to the substrate, I used Matte Medium for that.
The final step was to add the sentiment, also by Stampers Anonymous and part of the Perspectives set by Tim Holtz.
Hope you like my wall plaque. Do hop over to the challenge blog. You'll find all the details of our challenge there and of course there are fantastic inspiration pieces from my team mates. Hope you'll play along too!

Now just before I finish this post, I just wanted to let you know that the Calico Craftparts blog has now gone live. To check it out and see some projects, old and new, just click HERE. There will be many more new projects appearing over the next few days.

Thanks for visiting like always and I hope the sun shines for you during this merry month of May!

30 comments:

Patty O'Malley said...

You are quite busy today, Astrid! Love your wall plaque! Thanks for sharing how it all came together.

Joan said...

I'm totally awestruck with this piece Astrid, I just love all the layered stamping and the flowers are so beautiful !

Joan

froebelsternchen said...

JUST GORGEOUS Astrid ! Really stunning this wonderful wall plaque!

Irene said...

So beautiful, I just love the colour theme. The embellishment scroll and flowers are stunning!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic project Astrid! Hugs, Valerie

Unknown said...

These colors are fantastic - whatever the season. My fav part of this WONDERFUL creation is the "panel". It just gives another complete dimension to the piece. I'm just in awe of how you put things together Astrid - always so incredible to see and love. j.

Juliz Design Post said...

Stunning Astrid. I find the eye draws you into these project of beautiful vintage layers and gives it a haunting feel to it. LOVE !
Julie x

Heather Jacob said...

wow my beautiful friend , perfection once again ... love the vintage feel and the BG work . as always I love your work ... not long now till we see each other , only a few months xoxo

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Astrid,
Love your muted palette, and the design of your wall plaque is wonderful. Love your flowers as well.
Smiles:)
Sue

Meggymay said...

Just finished a good browse of your posts today. Inspiration with every photo and gorgeous projects.
Yvonne xx

experiments in paper said...

Wow! I think this is my favorite of your posts today (though I love them all!) Your palette and background stamping are fantastic here, and that flourish and those flowers are incredible!! Your work is so versatile and inspiring, Astrid - thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talents! xxx Lynn And ps, after all this work, I hope you have a wonderful weekend :-)

massofhair said...

Exquisite project Astrid! Love love love the sentiment and your flowers are divine.

Enjoyed all three posts, thank you for sharing. Enjoy your BH weekend:-) xxx

Margaret Mifsud said...

A stunning piece Astrid!! I love the muted tones and the stamping and stenciling is perfection!! Just beautiful!! xx

Maryann Laursen said...

An absolut outstanding project here again Astrid. You just always makes such wonderful work and this is just amazing and sooo beautiful as ever. I love it.

Unknown said...

Amazing piece, Astrid! My favourite piece is the flourish! The effect you created I it is awesome! Xx

rachel said...

wow wow wow - brilliant make Astrid - fabulous! Big hugs Rachel x

Jackie PN said...

oh my good gosh- is this ever beautiful Astrid!! You never cease to amaze me with your ease of pulling together perfect elements and color to create such beautiful designs!! xo

Dorthe said...

Your wall plaque is gorgeous, dear Astrid.
The large swirl is masterly altered, wow, and love your flowers too, they looks beautiful.
These beautiful pieces on top of your great background, creates a fantastic piece of art !!
Hugs,Dorthe

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, I love it all,the colours and the vintage feel to it.Stunning!

Jenny Marples said...

Love, love, love this Astrid! You inspired me to join in the fun. Jenny x

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Beautiful as always astrid a very vintage feel to it. x

Ros Crawford said...

Stunning!! Love your choice of stamps too!

Inkypinkycraft said...

a wonderfully layered and coloured piece x

Kerstin F. said...

Gorgeous vintage composition, really beautiful!!

Deb said...

Astrid, that is so beautiful, love the shadow stamping of the D and all the gorgeous texture and layers.

Marjie Kemper said...

What a great theme - they're one of my all-time favorite manufacturers. Love what you've done here, and that grungy flourish makes my heart sing.

Words and Pictures said...

Beautiful soft neutrals, and I love the texture on the flourish (am doing something not entirely dissimilar at the moment, but it won't hit the blogs for ages!!). Lovely layered stamping too. Hadn't spotted the greyboard - that's got to be a great thing...
Alison xx

Ruth said...

Stunning design, beautiful! Ruth x

Libby said...

Hello Astrid--I like how subdued the tones are in this piece, yet there are so many components and facets to it.

Libby said...

I forgot to add...I also just became a follower/member of your blog. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key