Hello dear visitors and welcome.
Today I am sharing my second project created for the Country View Crafts Challenge Blog, where this month our theme is Inspired By Bottles.
Well, as you can see, - bottles don't exactly take centre stage in this project, but they are there and I just felt like doing something totally different for a change....
I'm not one that usually goes in for assemblage types projects, I have never owned any of the Tim Holtz configuration boxes for instance, - but I did have rather a large collection of little bottles and other bits and pieces collected over the years, so I thought it was about time they found a home...
I'm sorry there are no step by step photos, but I'll show you some details and talk you briefly through my process.
I built the shrine or whatever you want to call it, from scratch out of foam board, - easy to cut yet thick enough to make it easy to glue together. After it was constructed, I covered it with strips of tissue paper and then painted it with Paper Artsy Fresco Finish paint and distressed it with some Decoart Antiquing Cream. Here in the middle section you can see the two little bottles.
The tiny little book of secret wishes was also made from scratch out of old book pages, a bit of lace coloured to tone in with the rest of the project, a string of little pearls and some tiny roses.
The bottom section has some elements from nature, tiny pine cones, some pebbles and you can perhaps also see how I made a little pedestal by adhering two bits of foam board, one slightly smaller than the second. The background to each of the sections has some scraps of paper from my stash.
The top section is like a little loft, with some bits of fabric, a broken doll and a tiny little basket. I could of course weave a whole story about the girl portrayed in the middle section and how perhaps she reflects on the relics of her childhood, - but I leave that to your own imagination.
Here finally you can see a section of the roof, I gave it texture with the help of some modelling paste and my fingers. I probably should have spent more time on it, - I could have done a better job, - but I ran out of time (and inclination to be honest).
Lastly, a close up of the sides, with the inevitable crackle, created with Decoart Crackle Glaze, to give it all that vintage feel.
Well that's it. I think this whole project was probably at least in part inspired by the many hours spent playing with my two little grand daughters over Christmas, who as part of their Christmas presents receives a wonderful old dollhouse.
Here we are, nearly at the end of the month, but if you have time still, do come and play along in our challenge and take a look at some of the other amazing projects created during this month by the team. All you need to do is click HERE
Thank you for visiting like always, and happy creating!!