I used two size 10 tags to create this project, because I wanted to use one of my Tim Holtz mixed media dies and have the bottom tag peep through. I had a specific purpose in mind for this tag, as you will see in a moment. I'll give you a quick run through of how I got there..
I started with adding some Grunge Paste through a stencil. I am sorry, unfortunately I don't know the maker of this particular one... I also added some Finnabair Clear Crackle paste to various corners.
Next I cut with one of the mixed media dies and then added colour with the help of Distress Paint and spray in Antique Linen and various colours of the new Distress Crayons, - Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Vintage Photo and Ground Espresso.
I really should have cut the die first, as |I wanted it in this particular corner, I had to turn the tag over before cutting, giving me a less crisp cut on the front, - ah well, live and learn....
Next I worked on the second tag, covering it with tissue wrap and then adding similar colours of Distress product. I also added some tissue tape to have some more text showing.
Time to gather some embellishments, various Ideaology pieces and some cut out stamped images. Like usual I gathered some more as I was putting my tag together as you can see below.
And here you can see the tag all layered up. I added the little globe die cut still, a gift from my lovely teamy Julie. I offset the two explore die cuts to create a kind of shadow effects and also added some background stamping, some remnant rubs and shadows to bring it all alive.
Now, what is the tag for you may ask? Well, to become part of the cover of one of my sketchbooks, a lovely Moleskine one that is just the right size and had become really grubby so it needed a make over.
I covered the front with a layer of extra thick gesso, not worrying about the inner part that was going to be covered anyway.
I added some texture around the edges by pouncing a pallet knife while the gesso was still wet. I love the stucco effect you get with that.
I then coloured it with Acrylic paint and adhered the tag in the center, and voilà.
As you can see, the tag is the perfect size for this sketchbook. Here are some close ups still:
Both the metal element and the number 14 were coloured and distressed with Distress Crayons, they are great for that, much quicker and easier than either paint or alcohol ink, and once they are heat set they are permanent.
The words in red were all stamped using a very old Tim Holtz stamp, Photo Studio, I stamped them in Maroon Red Archival.
Below finally is the back of the sketchbook:
I had this bit of rice paper with the vintage car on it that I adhered to the back cover. I then blended it into the background with the help of some Distress paint and crayons, finally I stamped around the edges using part of a La Blanche stamp.
Well, that's it for now. Hope you will take a look at the amazing tags my teamies have created, no shortage of inspiration. Meanwhile, thank you for visiting here and have a great weekend!