Monday, 29 June 2009
The theme at TMTA is "Look into a face". Great theme and I just had to do something....
Made the background using distress inks, overstamped with some background stamps then stamped the main image and text with black versa mark. I have had the stamp for ages and can't quite remember where it came from, perhaps Crafty Individuals, or maybe Paper Artsy...Finally finished it off with some doodling with the white inkesentials pen from Ranger
Sunday, 28 June 2009
Saturday, 27 June 2009
The theme at SaWo is to alter a matchbox.
I was given a match box with extra large matches last Christmas, so altered that. Unfortunately my camera's battery is not working right now so I had to scan the box. This has made it look really flat and not like a matchbox at all. Sorry about that.
Friday, 26 June 2009
Tuesday, 23 June 2009
"Wild Things" is the theme at the three Ms. This week I decided to give digital a miss, I still feel largely out of my depth with it,particularly in comparison with some of the amazing digital artists that post for this challnege. So it was back to the old craft table. I made a collaged atc. I love the image of this woman, I feel she shows such abandonement, that's why I felt she fitted the theme. I have called in "Wild Woman"
Saturday, 20 June 2009
Friday, 19 June 2009
The theme at TGIF is Secets. Last year I bought an antique postcard in France which had just the right image. (You can find it in my flickr under freebees). I decided to make a kind of scrap card with background paper from K&CO. I added various other collage bits and then finally embellished with some flowers.
Wednesday, 17 June 2009
Monday, 15 June 2009
Sunday, 14 June 2009
The theme at GA is black and yellow, not my colours really, but hey, nothing like a challenge. In the end it turned out more dark brown and yellow...
It is a combo of digi and paper in that I did the background paper digitally, printed it out and then took it from there.
Saturday, 13 June 2009
The theme at the new callenge blog "The Three Muses" was "altered Mona" last week. Like many others I made a digital creation. I am a complete novice and can stand only in awe for what some people manage to produce digitally. In my own work for me the missing bit in digital creations is the hands on getting your hands dirty and textural bit. Therefore I decided to print out my altered mona and alter her further by adding embellishments etc. I used real stamps, crackle glaze, Utee and ink to give Mona some texture.
Wednesday, 10 June 2009
Monday, 8 June 2009
Saturday, 6 June 2009
The theme at Sunday Postcard is "Bathing Beauties". I made a piece with lots of texture, the idea being the feel of a sandy/rocky beach. The texture was created with PVA glue and tissue, embosing powder and texture paste. It was coloured with |Steward Gill Alchemy and Byzanthium paints and a bit of additional drawing with water colour crayons. The lovely bit of lace I received as an "extra" with a recent swap.