Today is a super busy day here on my blog as it is the first of the month and I am part of 3 challenge blog teams all starting a new challenge today, so apologies, as this is my third post of the day...
So this post is for Mixed Media Monthly, where the theme this month is Wrap it Up....
Though I absolutely loved putting this project together, it was also a sad occasion as this is the very last month our challenge is running, part of the reason for the theme of our challenge.
The other reason is that the wonderful Eileen Hull is both our sponsor and guest designer and each of the team received a wrapped journal diecut to work with. But before I tell you more, here first of all is our graphic for this final month:
Update: I don't know what is going on with blogger at the moment, but this is the third time I am trying to publish this post. My sincere apologies to anyone who has come by to check this post out!
I made 4 inserts for the album, using Tim Holtz papers and used the simplest of bindings, namely elastic string threaded through the precut holes in the die cut. Each insert has 5 pages, but you can easily add more by just slipping them under the elastics.
I will start by describing how I created the cover of this album. The great thing about Eileen's Wrapped die is, that it works perfectly together with the passport die, which you could win if you decide to play in our challenge!
I started by adding some texture to the cover using a stencil, some stencil paste and while the paste was still wet sprinkled on some of Seth Apter's Baked Textures EP in the colour Patina Oxide.
More texture was added with some lace and cheese cloth, making sure I put it where the flap would not cover it. I also added some crackle paste in a few areas.
|the flap is the panel on the left in this photo.|
Colour was added with Decoart Media Acrylic Paints in Titanium Buff, Burnt- and Raw Umber and when those had dried the textures were highlighted by dry brushing with Gesso.
The inside was lined with Tim Holtz papers
And the inserts were made using the same papers.
I added some home made charms to the spine and the closure was made with two Ideaology Hitch fasteners and another bit of elastic. This works really easily and well.
Below a few photos of the inserts still and how I altered the papers I used for them.
And finally, here you can see the 4 inserts inside the album:
Well, that's it for now. Do hop over to see what my team mates have made with the wonderful die and of course as this is our very last challenge, we all hope you will join us!
Thanks for taking the time to visit