Friday 8 June 2018

Bullet Journal, - a new approach

Hello friends, I hope your week has been going well, - nearly the weekend now😌

Today I want to share some pages from my bullet journal, something I have not shared for ages.
Some people seem to be able to blog pretty much every day, well I am not one of those people... Even though I create and journal every day, I don't always take the time to blog my creations.... So today just a small selection of my bujo that I have been working in every day since October.

I think the last time I shared some pages was back in April, well here you can see my June title page.
But, during the course of the first week in June I have totally changed my style, as I was getting tired of the way I did things. I nearly scrapped my B. Journal all together, but I do love the discipline of daily to do lists, habit and spending tracking etc. So I decided to continue, but just totally change things up a bit. Before I show you the changes, here first the pages as I set them up at the end of May:
My spending and habit trackers. The bits of decoration are hybrid stickers I made myself, as hand drawing/painting every bit of decoration was proving to be too time consuming.
My weekly grocery spending and gratitude pages, decorated in the same way.
And here an example of how I used to set up my weekly pages. This was the first one in May, all the other weeklies were pretty much the same, so this month I decided to give up weeklies altogether and instead do daily pages:
The first 4 days. I set up the double page in my new style and then add my daily to do list each day and so far I am really enjoying it.
And here is the second page, in progress as you can see. I have been really inspired by some of the journals on Instagram, and I love how relaxing and comparatively quick it is to set pages like this up, and I think it is actually more "me".......

Well that's it for now, - one of the things I love about bullet journal planning is that it gives you the freedom to set up your pages in the way that works for you, and this is working for me just now...

Thank you for taking the time to visit


To seek freedom is the only driving force I know. Freedom to fly off into that infinity out there. Freedom to dissolve; to lift off; to be like the flame of a candle, which, in spite of being up against the light of a billion stars, remains intact, because it never pretended to be more than what it is: a mere candle. Carlos Castaneda (Don Juan - The Sorcerer)


xxxxx

17 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your journal is gorgeous, love all the beautiful, vintage looking pages. Hugs, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

You know how I love your bullet journaling Astrid, Always so precise like a hand scribed book for centuries gone by. I love the new layout and decoration and it always brings a smile when I see craft before other regarding your spends! Your Handwriting is fabulous, I did calligraphy at O’ Level many moons ago and do try to practice regularly and keep that flow going.
A marvellous way to display and keep track of the month ahead.
Creative wishes Tracey xx

chrissie said...

I think it is amazing to be able to do this every day and add so much beauty to the pages. It all looks so neat and interesting Astrid. Sort of thinking could I would I on this one.

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen said...

I am in awe of your artsy everyday calender - so utterly beautiful! And all so clever made!
And great that art takes so much space in your life! That is sooo good!

Hugs, Susi

My name is Erika. said...

Your bullet journal is as gorgeous as your other art Astrid. Do you find bullet journaling useful? I've thought about doing one but I seem to be busy enough with what I have going that I've never gotten around to one. I really enjoyed the views of yours. :) Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

I love how you set up your journals Astrid and your new set up also looks fantastic. It is good that we all have different views on daily/weekly journals, that makes them individual to us.
Even better that we enjoy keeping them.
Have a good weekend.
Yvonne xx

Kate Yetter said...

I just love your bullet journal. I love how you have it laid out. After seeing yours, I am thinking it would be fun to start one of these. Your pages are all amazing and creative. But your lettering is so fancy and pretty.
Haha, I know what you mean about those that blog everyday. It is so hard to keep up and comment on everyone's post. I struggle to get two up a week because it takes so much work.
Happy Weekend, Astrid!
Kate

Let's Art Journal said...

Such wonderful pages! It's nice to see the changes in your bullet journal too, the new style looks fabulous and I like the idea of getting creative everyday rather than just filling out the content - perfect 😁. I hope you had a lovely week and Happy Weekend! J 😊 x

Jackie PN said...

Very cool indeed! The idea of making stickers from your artwork is brilliant! Now, will we see these to buy on Etsy as well? hint hint lol
Seriously, your artwork has always captured my interest since the first time i saw it years ago! Happy to be able to come over to visit and see what you are up to even,if it isn't everyday!
Love your new style in your bullet journal- I think this would suit me as well!
sending hugs Jackie xx

Patty O'Malley said...

You make keeping lists look so beautiful!

Dorthe said...

I love your new style, Astrid, the rustic and grungy look- and it makes sense for me, to divide the pages , as you do now.
Fantastic that you can find time doing it, and in such a beautiful way, dear.
Hugs, Dorthe xo

Jennie Atkinson said...

A great bullet journal Astrid! I love how you have made changes as time progresses. I have also been doing that as I like the concept but just don't have the time to devote to the decoration. And yes getting into your own style makes it much more appealing ...... I love your style and it works so well for these pages. xxx

Rita said...

Good Morning Astrid. This absolutely took my breath away, the creativity you add to all your projects are always so unique and set in such beautiful journals too. I truly wish I could achieve this look. I must strive to use my free time better and maybe I could be better. Hugs Rita xxxxx

Redanne said...

Your bullet journal is wonderful Astrid, such a great way to keep track of everything. I am impressed that you are keeping it up to date, it will be great to look back on year after year. Oh gosh, I could never blog every day, I could never keep up with making so many projects - lol! Hope you have had a good weekend. Hugs, Anne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Just lovely! I like the new style pages and can see that it will take you less time! I had a big catch up in decorating my pages at the weekend - in between painting the decking and gardening! Hugs, Chrisx

sarascloset said...

Astrid, it must be karma. I was just thinking of your bullet journal yesterday, and here it is posted for me today. (although I know this was posted over a week ago) I love your lettering and beautiful artwork. How wonderful to keep track of your life in this beautiful way! I'm afraid I could never do this, but my daughter seems to really enjoy it, and helps her in a meditative way. Thank you for sharing; I'll be sure to show it to Lauren. Hugs!

Words and Pictures said...

Love the new look page set up - and it sounds as though it gives you more freedom in terms of structure, which definitely appeals. Thank you for sharing a glimpse at this beautiful daily practice of yours.
Alison x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key