Friday 1 December 2017

Vintage Christmas mini album

Hello friends and welcome! This is my second post on this busy first of December. So many new challenges starting on this day, and this particular one is for the Mini Album Makers December challenge.
Eileen Hull is our wonderful sponsor this month and so I created a Christmas themed album using one of her fantastic dies, the Mini Album one.

Below a quick tutorial of how I put this together:
I cut the cover for the album from matboard and then cut the angel with the Tim Holtz Movers and Shapes Cherub die. I embossed the bottom half with a little embossing folder, first the front and then the back cover  and finally coloured and stamped the outside with Distress inks in Stormy Sky and Chipped Sapphire.
Next I added some pearl glimmer mist for a bit of sparkle (sorry, hard to see on the photo)
My next step was to make a little panel to glue behind the Cherub cut out. I took a bit of scrapbook paper in dark blue and brown tones, added Decorart Crackle glaze, let it dry naturally and when the cracks appeared and the piece was dry rubbed white Decoart Antiquing cream into the cracks and then adhered it behind the angel.
Here is a close up, where you can see the cracks a little better.
Next I started work on the inside pages. I used scraps of two different collections for my inside pages, 7 Dots Studio North Country collection and the newest Maja Design Christmas Collection, Joyous Wintertimes, as it has similar blue tones and I thought they would work together. I used the die to cut the inside pages.  Eileen shows exactly how to do this in a video HERE
I used elastic cord to slip in my pages, below a couple of photos:


What I love about this method is that you can add more and more pages as you need them. I have created 5 pages so far. For those of you who would like to see them, I have added a video slideshow at the end of this post.
I added some charms to the spine and the album closes with a simple sheer ribbon.
There are many pockets and tuckspot on my pages and I created little tags to fit inside, but of course you can also add photos or whatever you like. Below a quick flip though video:



Well, that's it for now, thank you so much for staying with me. I do hope you will check out the wonderful albums my teamies have created, all you need to do is click HERE, and of course we would love it if you play along with us and create an album yourself to share with us there.
Happy creating!
xxxxx

19 comments:

Annie said...

So so beautiful Astrid xxx We must make one of these on your next visit xx Stunning details and I just love the colours...Fabulous !!!

TFS and huge hugs Annie xx

Jackie PN said...

What a sweet album you have created! Loving that blue!!
Happy December Astrid!
Jackie Xo

Pamellia said...

Absolutely stunning Astrid! I love the soft blue background and your angel window is amazingly clever! Wonderful texture on the inside page, a great layer to show through the angel! Amazing project inside and out! hugs :)

froebelsternchen said...

That blue is so lovely and the whole album is so pretty! A little treasure Astrid and the video is great as well!
oxo Susi

Dorthe said...

Such a lovely, and sweet album. It really brings old fashioned cozy Christmas to my mind, watching your photos and video. So many sweet images on your tags and pages. I love the wonderful crackle you added under the angel , too .
You have been so busy Astrid, creating beauty all over .
Dorthe , xxxx

sarascloset said...

Astrid, this is magnificent! I love that embossing on the cover; it's so crisp! The angel cutout makes this so special and seeing the crackle peek through for the page behind it is breath taking! Loved seeing the pages on your video, too! A real nostalgic Christmas mini! Thank you for a wonderful and inspiring post! Hugs!

Redanne said...

This is such a beautiful album Astrid, the cherub on the front is so lovely with the crackle and I thoroughly enjoyed the walk through video, those vintage images are superb! The lacey die cut corner you added is gorgeous!!! Hugs, Anne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my, the eye candy just gets better and better 😁. I adore this mini album with its beautiful blue cover and Christmas themed pages - amazing! The crackle glaze paper that you created looks wonderful with the white Antiquing Cream, now on my wish list ...lol 😉. I love all the beautiful pages you created and the elastic fastening is such a good idea! Enjoy your weekend! J 😊

Tristan Robin said...

Stunning little album! Perfect for stocking tucking! At first I thought it was going to be a Valentine album, but when I came to the inside it was such a lovely romantic nostalgic old worlde Christmas creation! Love the crackle behind the cherub ... very very effective! Thanks for sharing all your techinques.

Margaret Mifsud said...

This is beautiful Astrid!! I popped in to take a look yesterday and then got called away and forgot to come back for the comment .. Duh!!! I always love it when you create your little booklets and this is no exception. Such a beautiful cover (I love the blues) and the crackle background for the cherub looks amazing!! Wish I could get my crackle to look so good!! The inside is fabulous! I loved the walk through on the video and seeing all the gorgeous Christmas themed pages. Have a wonderful weekend!! hugs xx

Brenda Brown said...

Oh this is such a delightful little album Astrid, my favourite part has to be the crackled cherub, love it xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Just love those crackled areas peeping through Astrid, really draws the eye to your focal Cherub. Adorned with images of Christmas nostalgia inside, beautiful.
Warm hugs & wishes Tracey xx

Maggie said...

Adorable Album as always Astrid and thank you for doing a flip through of your pages, all are gorgeous, I just wish Eileen’s dies were easier to get in the UK.
MaggieH

Nora said...

Such a precious Christmas album!!! Love every detail of it! Greetings, Nora.

Words and Pictures said...

I love the soft blues of the cover, especially with that shimmer of pearly glimmer mist, and the internal papers and pages look lovely - even just from those couple of photos. Looking forward to seeing more in the video.
Alison x

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh Astrid, this is so so beautiful! I love the blue on the cover and the idea of using the cutout image, plus the beautiful charm detail on the spine. I so enjoyed your video and seeing each and every beautiful, vintage page. What an amazing album and truly inspiring project! I'm so thankful to have you on our team. Merry Christmas, Autumn

Julia Aston said...

What a beautiful winter book Astrid! Love how you die cut the cherub out of the cover and layered that wonderful crackle piece behind her - your pages are lovely as well as the bits decorating the binding! Julia xx

Gloria Stengel said...

I love the blue and the crackle finish! So pretty!

Art By Wanda said...

Gorgeous!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key