Thursday 10 November 2016

Paloma's Passport

Hello friends, thanks for dropping in.
Some of you may remember the post I did about Paloma, the little dove of peace. If you missed it and want to know who Paloma is, - you can find it here

Well I finally managed to finish a new little passport for her:
There are loads of pages here, so I thought once the addresses of people she is going to visit have been added, on the remaining pages, participants could maybe add some quotes or other messages and the little book could eventually, after Paloma has finished her journey, be sent to Lys as a gift for starting this wonderful project.

Anyway, I'll give you a quick run down of how I put the book together and show you some more pages.

I used Eileen Hull's Passport book die, and started by cutting all the different parts from mat board, plus two additional pages also from matboard.
Next I cut a number of inner pages from scrapbook paper (Blue Fern Timeless).
For putting the book together I followed Eileen's instructions she gives in this video. But before doing that, of course I had fun decorating the pages, cover and spine.
This is obviously the spine. I used a background text stamp, one of Tim's layering stencils and Distress Crayons from set 3, pretty much throughout. I love the effect of rubbing the Distress Crayons through the stencil, it looks so dimensional...

I also dry embossed the mat board inner pages, using various embossing folders.
And then coloured them with the help of some acrylic paint (Paperartsy Fresco in Buff) and again the Distress Crayons. I also used stamps from the Tim Holtz Correspondence set, mostly stamped in Maroon Archival ink.
one side


other side of the same double page
a matboard page next to a paper page

inside of the same mat board page
and another sample, I just so love how the mat board can be dry embossed, that was a totally new idea for me....
And a final example of a double page. As you can see, I bound my book with twine and chose the Correspondence set because of the travel theme incorporated in that set.

For the covers I added more textural elements by covering them with texture paste and while still wet pressing a wet text stamp into the paste. Stupidly I forgot to take a picture before finishing the cover with paint, crayon and some die cuts, but I hope you get the idea.

Well, that's it, if you missed my last post about Paloma and would still like to be added to the list, please be in touch soon. I know we have hit busy times for everyone, but this is such a worthy cause in our troubled times.

I am going to finish with a quote from Hilary Clinton's Concession speech last night:

Fighting for what is right is worth it!

Thank you for your visit like always and may Peace be with you!!

34 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

The book is beautiful, we need peace in the world so much. Hugs, Valerie

Mrs.B said...

A beautiful book Astrid, so many gorgeous textures and details.
Love the cover and perfect for Paloma on her journey of Peace.
Avril xx

Corrie Herriman said...

How beautiful and what a great idea !
Love it!
Corrie x

froebelsternchen said...

Oh my gosh! An AMAZING passport for Paloma! I am thrilled about this pages -- fantastic!
oxo Susi

Lys said...

Oooh, Astrid, I couldn't dream such a beautiful passport for Paloma! The textures are gorgeous and this vintage look... for sure this one won't be lost! Just perfect for a new start for her and another journey all over the world. Now I long for Paloma's coming back to me, but I'm afraid she has still a lot to do in her mission. Fighting for human values seems more urgent than ever these days...
Thanks so much Astrid!

chrissie said...

A wonderful new passport Astrid and so kind of you to make it

Love Chrissie xx

Redanne said...

Oh Astrid, this is glorious!!! I almost wish that I had not already had Paloma, so that I could see this beauty. You are so right about the crayons through the stencil, it really does look dimensional and the pages you created are stunning! Eileen Hull would be thrilled to see this! Hugs, Anne xx

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful book to travel with Paloma. I think it will be a wonderful recording if the visits made on the journey.
Yvonne xx

Paper Profusion said...

Dear Astrid, you have poured great art, time and love into this beautiful passport. Your gorgeous creation will carry Paloma well through any precarious journey. These are indeed troubled times. May peace be with us all. Nicola xxx

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautifully done!

Nancy Dynes said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Astrid!

eileen hull said...

This is just beautiful Astrid. I love what you have done with Paloma and honored you chose this die to send the message of peace in!

Brenda Brown said...

Stunning Astrid, beautiful pages and a wonderful idea xxx

Maryann Laursen said...

Absolut stunning work here as usual Astrid. You´ve really done an outstanding job here once again.
Have a wonderful week-end everyone and fill it with joy, I hope.

Diana Taylor said...

An absolutely stunning little book and a great idea too. I love the vintage feel and the beautiful textures - you have created a really outstanding piece of work. I love it!

Anneke said...

Astrid this looks sooooooooo pretty!
Very inspiring, thank you for showing!

Pamellia said...

Gorgeous Astrid! So many wonderful designs and all the vintage tones work so well together. Such a gorgeous keepsake for Paloma's upcoming travels, love it! :)

Shirley said...

Beautiful Astrid ... it is so sad that the other little book was mislaid as I can distinctly remember that it was the last thing to go into the envelope. One of life's mysteries that will probably never be solved.

Having said that this passport is stunning and far more in keeping with Paloma's journey around the world. Every dove should have one.

Lovely post and so apt for Remembrance Sunday (in the UK) this weekend.

Thank you for taking the time to make everything look so beautiful.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

A Pink said...

Fabulous idea , fabulous creativity! Astrid. x

Candy C said...

Astrid, this passport to peace mini book is beyond stunning. Every page has just gorgeous detailing. Love your soft color palette. This is a neat little die cut and you have beautifully illustrated what can be done with it. Thank you for sharing this little jewel.

Marisa Job said...

Another beautyful creation!! Love the colors and texture!

Dorthe said...

Dear Astrid, the passport for Paloma, is the most wonderful idea, she traveling around the world. And your "book" is a gorgeous work of art , filled with so much to see, and admire.
Hugs,Dorthe

rachel said...

absolutely wonderful - I love what you have done Astrid. Big hugs rachel x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh my Astrid! This really is such a beautiful passport to accompany Paloma on the rest of her journey! Hugs, Chrisx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh my Astrid! This really is such a beautiful passport to accompany Paloma on the rest of her journey! Hugs, Chrisx

Deb said...

What a wonderful idea and a beautiful book Astrid, love the embossing on the inside pages and all the texture on the cover! And wonderful quote, now more than ever we must all fight for what is right and decent. Deb xo

Craftychris said...

So beautiful! xxx

Barbara said...

Astrid sorry for my absence to comment on your blog!!! I saw all your works and all are fabulous!But.... this project struck my heart!It's amazing!Love every page!love everything abiut it!You're an artist!!! Barbara

Jackie PN said...

Astrid, Paloma's new passport is indeed one to be treasured! You have created a remarkable piece of art for her to travel with and share what is truly need, the message of Peace and all that is Good"
Thank you for doing this and after the week we have had here in the US I feel it is important for me to take part in Paloma's travels as well- I will send you an email today
Much love across the net and miles,Jackie

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous book, full of wonderful design and textures. As always your art is very inspiring, thanks for sharing so much and taking time to photograph step by steps. Take good care, Shirleyxx

Rose918 said...

Astrid, this is so beautiful and inspirational, as usual! Thank you for sharing your artwork and process.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous Astrid, I love the Distress Crayons through the stencil on the spine. Gorgeous and each page is beautiful. Tracy x

Annie said...

What a stunning new book for Paloma Astrid xx Wonderful layers of ink and embossing. You are truly the queen of journals.

TFS and hugs
Annie xx

sarascloset said...

This is such a beautiful booklet filled with delightful textured pages and gorgeous deigns! Love it! You are a gem to do this to continue Paloma's journey of Peace! Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key