Monday 14 November 2016

12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie style, tag 4, 5 &6

Well, here we are, only about 6 weeks to Christmas and I finally get round to posting my next 3 cards inspired by Linda's tags. If you are new to what this is all about, you can read all about this wonderful challenge by clicking HERE.

So without further ado, here are my next 3 cards inspired by the tags:

I'll briefly talk you through them one by one
This is inspired by Linda's tag 4. You can see the original HERE. I was inspired by the crinoline poinsettias, and by the white layer on top of the red. I just changed my colouring to a darker red, and as I did not have many of the products Linda used, I improvised with what I had. My top layer was created with a holly die, I think it's from Crafters Companion.
Here's a close up of the poinsettia, I brushed on some gesso for a snowy effect, but now wished I hadn't as the spray I used to colour my crinoline (a mix of  Festive Berries and Aged Mahogany Distress Spray) started to run and turned it slightly pink (yuk).
I used the same stamp Linda did for her tag, but fussy cut it and mounted it on some black card as it did not show up enough.
 Alright, onto tag number 5, I am turning all of mine into cards this year.
I pinched a lot of Linda's ideas on this one. The original can be seen HERE
I was inspired by the colours Linda used, Kraft and cream, - though mine is more white. As my cards are smaller than Linda's large tags, I changed the lay out quite a bit, but I loved how she made use of both the positive and negative of the holly die cuts and her use of background stamping with text.
Above a little close up of how I finished mine with ribbon and berries.

Finally, my favourite card of the three, inspired by Linda's tag 6. You can see her version HERE
I absolutely adored Linda's tag 6, the use of Kraft with white is just wonderful I think, I love the sort of folk art/ peppercake/ Scandinavian feel it gives....
 I obviously used Tim's Nordic Layering Stencil aswell with white texture paste, and then substituted with what I had in my stash, to create something in a similar style.
I loved Linda's heart, and tried to achieve something similar with a bauble die that has a pattern for embossing, instead of doing that I cut it and then used it as a stencil with the paste again. It's a little Marianne die.

I used exactly the same stamp for the greeting, white embossed like Linda had done.
I don't have the tree die Linda used, nor the deer, so I just adapted with what I had. The little deer is a chipboard embelly I found in my Christmas box, that I just painted white with gesso.
Well, there you have it, 3 more for the box... I just love this challenge as Linda makes me think of things that I would never have thought of myself. Thanks so much Linda for all your inspiration!!
Thanks for your visit like always!
xxxxx

31 comments:

Fliss said...

These are all really beautiful Astrid with so much lovely detail on them and love the vintage style too.
Fliss xx

Mrs.B said...

Beautiful cards Astrid, love your take on Linda's tags, but they're definitely 'your' style.
Avril xx

Annie said...

Totally love all 3 cards Astrid...amazing details and layers xx Like you I adore the Scandinavian style.....so beautiful

TFS and best wishes

Annie xx

ps Hoping to get a start on my Christmas cards this week !!!

Joan said...

These are all beautiful but my favourite is the last one, love the kraft and white,the embossing,the trees and the bauble, just fab

Joan

Corrie Herriman said...

These are gorgeous Astrid !
Corrie x

rachel said...

beautifully rustic makes astrid - these are all stunningly beautiful! Big hugs rachel x

Meggymay said...

All the tags look beautiful Astrid, love the vintage style and colour combinations. they will make fabulous cards.
Yvonne xx

Patty O'Malley said...

Wonderfully old-fashioned looking cards!

Helen Wallace said...

All three are inspiring Astrid, I would not be able to choose a favourite. Especially like the use of white with Kraft and the deep reds. The tree die is particularly lovely. Thanks for sharing :D

Brenda Brown said...

You've done a brilliant job interpreting Linda's tags into beautiful Christmas cards Astrid, I love each one of them but like you the last is my favourite too. Very inspirational. Xxx

Deb said...

Fabulous cards Astrid, wonderful interpretations of Linda's tags that you have made uniquely yours, love them! Deb xo

Maryann Laursen said...

Another 3 gorgeous cards here Astrid. I love them all in very different ways, and how you´ve managed to get everything in on them and still sooo different. I really like, how the craftcards has won into the crafting again, as it was almost like, it´s been kind of yt for a while, at least here, but here it´s also slowly getting in again, and I really love that. Not that it have stopped me from using it, but it´s always easier to get, when it´s one of the hip products, cause then they all want to stock it right he he he. Have a great week ahead now everyone and lots of fun too.

brenda said...

Three real beauties Astrid, the white on Kraft looks so effective and the Poinsettias look so beautifully textural.

B x

chrissie said...

All so beautiful and such a good idea to use the brown card for backgrounds.

Love Chrissie xx

Redanne said...

Wow, wow, wow Astrid, each of your cards is a little masterpiece, you really did 'adapt and overcome' with your versions, they are all gorgeous! The little bauble on your third card was such a clever idea, it looks wonderful. Hugs, Anne xx

Paper Profusion said...

All three are gorgeous astrid. Love the kraft and red. My fave too is the 3rd one. Nicola x

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow!! Each of these is just gorgeous Astrid!! A brilliant job creating your own interpretation of Linda's tags and making them completely your own. I also love that you've used just white and deep red with kraft .. it looks wonderful!! Love them all and cannot pick a fave, although, maybe that last one edges just a little ahead. Brilliant as always!! xx

Dorthe said...

Astrid ,they are so wonderful all, but your number 3, is my favorite, too. The use of white and red on the craft paper looks fantastic, - but they are all gorgeous Christmas cards for your friends, to receive !! Xxx

Pamellia said...

Beautiful cards Astrid! So many wonderful designs, I just love the pops of red against the kraft and white backgrounds. How fabulously festive! hugs :)

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous cards, I love the combo of vintage, craft and red & white. Have a great day, Shirleyxx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Exceptionally gorgeous Astrid! LOVE the crinoline use. All three are wonderful and inspirational!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous tags Astrid. I love the pop of red and your poinsettia and the Kraft is gorgeous and really does give a Scandinavian feel. Love all the texture from the stencilled areas too. Tracy x

Sharon said...

I really like you taking Linda's tag idea and incorporating it into your cards.

Jackie PN said...

Such a stunning trio Astrid!! Your muse is spot on-making beautiful cards and mixed media to share!
hugs,Jackie xx

craftytrog said...

Three stunning cards Astrid! xxx

Diana Taylor said...

All three are stunning - what lucky recipients this year! I love the red through the die cut - it's really eye-catching. I just love how you've put everything together in your own wonderful style - gorgeous.

SewPaperPaint said...

I have ooohed and ahhhed over these beautiful specimens! You've really wowed me with your gorgeous details and vintage charm. Stunning creations! Hugs, Autumn

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

These are all so lovely, Astrid. You have taking my design elements and incorporated them into beautiful Christmas cards using your own unique style. I really enjoy seeing what you create from my samples. I know your friends will really enjoy receiving one of these beauties at Christmastime!

Hugs,
Linda

Words and Pictures said...

Delightful work on these three - and they work so well as a trio too. Love the distressed antique text behind your holly leaves, and the kraft and white layers look great with the delicate outline fir trees. Your poinsettias are a beautiful deep blood red, and that's a lovely die you've used with them. Terrific trio!
Alison x

Sandy said...

Beautiful, beautiful! Your favorite is my favorite too!
Merry Christmas!
Sandy Claus

sarascloset said...

A delightful trio of cards, inspired by Linda's tags! You really transformed Linda's ideas into your style with the first two, but the third looks so different from your usual style. This just goes to show your versatility as an artist and I have to say I really am taken by your favorite the most, too! But I love them ALL! Well done! Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key