Today I want to share an altered cover I did for my mini Ipad.
This is what it looked like (I just remembered to take a pickie before it got covered)...
Paula Cheney's blog.
Here is a close up of the subtle crackle you get with the Crazing medium, love how that worked!
Next a first layer of colour was added with the help of the new Distress Crayons. I rubbed them in with my fingers and then blended with a fairly dry baby wipe. Another trick I learnt from Paula.
Now for the embellishments: I covered a piece of card with Tissue Wrap and when dry, die cut it with the Tim Holtz globe die, grunged it up a bit with some more Distress crayon and then covered it with the new Tim Holtz Distress Vintage collage medium.
I layered up some ephemera bits and pieces. Some were from the vellum ephemera pack and unfortunately started to crinkle over the texture below when I adhered them with gel medium.
I also added some stencilling with black Archival ink and some rub ons.
Even the closure tab got some rub ons on it, to make it fit in with the rest.
The back was kept much simpler. I just used part of the top layer of a paper serviette, adhered it with Collage medium and then blended it into the background with the crayons again. I tiny bit of background stamping with a text stamp still in an attempt to bring it all together.
The inside was gessoed too but I left it undecorated as I did not want anything to dirty the screen of my Ipad. If you look carefully you can see me taking the picture mirrored in the glass lol.
I covered everything in a thin layer of the Vintage collage medium and added some shadows here and there for more depth. Well, there you have it, I am quite pleased with how it turned out, certainly a lot better than the shiny pink plastic..... I rather enjoyed the whole process, so may decide to do my phone next.
Anyway, thank you for visiting like always and I hope you are having a good week.