HERE. Absolutely nothing like the original, so that's where the frustration bit mentioned in the title of this post started....
I started off in good faith following Tim's techniques, but my results were awful!! No matter how hard I tried, I just did not get anything remotely like what I was after. I tried on many different substrates and with many different colours, here are just some of them:
Ok so I could have left it there, but then I decided to play some more, this time in my journal. I also wanted to see whether the technique would perhaps work with Distress Paints rather than inks, and it did!!
I added some more normal stenciling with Pumice Stone in two opposite corners, using the Lattice Work stencil. Next came some background stamping and further stenciling:
Lastly I added one of my discarded try out tags and some vocal stamping using the Mercantile set:
Well there you have it, trial and error, but I am now glad I did not give up....
Thank you for visiting and I hope you are having a sunny week!!