Some of you may remember that Linda from the Funkie Junkie hosted a challenge which she named the 12 tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style.
I had great fun playing last year, and of course when I saw that she was doing it again, I had to join.
In case you don't know already, here are the challenge rules in Linda's own words:
Here are the challenge requirements, which must be adhered to in order to be eligible for a prize at the end.
- This is an inspiration challenge. Each week, I will post my tag and you will use it to be inspired to make something. You can enter any sort of craft. It can be a tag, a card, a home decor project, a scrapbook layout - your choice but please make it winter/holiday related.
- You must take inspiration from something on my tag and tell us in your post what inspired you. You don't have to use my style, my layout, my colors, my theme or anything except be inspired by something on my sample. Your make can be shabby, it can be grungy or it can be clean and simple. I don't mind if you CASE my work, but if you do, please give me credit.
- We will have 12 weekly challenges beginning today, Monday, September 23rd. You can link your project using the linky provided. If you don't have a blog, you can use another hosting site such as SplitCoast Stampers, but you must provide all required links and information in your posting.
- To be eligible for the drawing at the end of the 12 weeks, you must: 1) enter all 12 challenges, 2) provide a link back to this challenge and mention that it is sponsored by my store The Funkie Junkie Boutique, with a link to the boutique.
- You do have to have a blog (or some other way to provide the required links and inspiration information).
- All 12 challenges will remain open until December 22nd. You can play any of the 12 challenges up through that date. To be eligible to win, you must have submitted an entry into all 12 of these challenges by midnight Eastern Time December 22nd.
- On December 23rd, from the pool of players who participated in every single challenge and provided a link to the challenge and a link to my store on their post, I will draw three winners. There will be one $50 grand prize gift certificate to The Funkie Junkie Boutique given out plus two runner up prizes of $25 gift certificates.
- Additionally, everyone who participated in all the challenges and met the requirements will receive a 10% off coupon good for their entire order at The Funkie Junkie Boutique during the month of January 2014.
Ok, so I am running nearly two weeks behind already, but as there is time until the 22nd of December, there will be plenty of time to catch up. If you don't know the Funkie Junkie Boutique, check it out, you will not be disappointed, great products, great prices and best of all fantastic personal service!
Now, onto for my tag... I loosely followed Linda's lay out, but totally changed the colours, though I stuck with the chalkboard style sentiment, albeit using a totally different one as I don't own those stamps. I used a Kaisercraft clear stamp (seen here on a few projects lately, as I so love it) and stamped and embossed it with Wow Vanilla White embossing powder.
I added a rusty heart and some textural bits as embellishments.
The word Noel was stamped on little scraps of paper with tiny letter stamps and then mounted on black card and rather than adding the words to a die cut like Linda did, I had used embossing paste along the side and adhered the letters to that.
Swirls, cut with a Marianne die and some punched snow flakes finished it all off. I stamped on top of the snow flakes, added some Ranger Sticky Embossing Powder and then some Rock Candy clear glitter for a bit of Christmassy sparkle.
Well, there you have it, - tag number one... Linda has posted number two and three already and it looks super, so I can't wait to start on those ones, though I know already I'll have to adapt them quite a bit as I don't own many of the things she has used.
Hope you will decide to play too, it is great fun and Linda provides lots of inspiration, - never too early to start those Christmas projects lol!