Start with any old book you can pick up at a charity shop. A hard back book will make the project more sturdy. Fold all of the pages in half, about three or four at the time, until it looks like this:
Next I inked the edges of the pages with gathered twigs Distress Ink and then created two background panels. As I wanted my project to have autumnal colours I used Distress Stains in Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge on pre-wetted water colour papers. I splatted the stains around, added more water to mix them well and added a handful of coarse kitchen salt for added texture. Once the papers have dried you wipe that off and are then left with a wonderful pattern.
I then used these cool stamp sets by Katie Fox available from the Artistic Stamper.
Script Stamp and one of the Chevrons in Red Geranium Archival. I covered the top panel of the book in some printed tissue paper first.
I adhered a piece of lace underneath the panels to hold the book open at an angle and then decorated the top with some die cut sprays and leaves and flowers. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the leaves were cut with the Tim Holtz Autumn Gatherings strip die.