Tuesday 13 November 2018

The next installment

Hello all and welcome, thanks for dropping by.
Today I am sharing the second part of the projects I created for Hunky Dory using their dies.
These projects use the dies called Pretty Poinsettia and as you can see, I created two further Christmas cards;
For this one I used a frame die and sentiment from my stash, and then embellished with the beautiful poinsettias, leaves and pinecones that are all part of this set.
I cut and embossed the poinsettias from vellum, the other dies were cut from the fabulous card I received, and coloured with a variety of Distress Inks.
I just love these little pine cones, they are put together with two little dies, one fitting on top of the other.
For the second card I decided two cut various circle dies and make a circular card. I used my old Spellbinder dies, but Hunky Dory stock and incredible variety of dies, both their own brand, like these circles for instance, and numerous other ones.. I used some Tim Holtz Kraft Christmas papers and one of the Christmas Worn Wallpaper papers for the background, and then again used the dies to embellish.
For this one all of the dies were cut from the card 

I decided to tuck the little Santa from the last die set I featured in my previous post, in between
 the poinsettias. This time I cut him from Kraft Card and coloured with Distress Inks and pencils etc. to add some detail.

The card was finished with a white embossed sentiment from the Tim Holtz Holiday Greetings set.
Well, that's it for today. I would like the thank Hunky Dory for sending me these lovely products to play with, and hope you all have a great creative week!
xxxxx





.

19 comments:

brenda said...

Lovely creations as always Astrid, you have really highlighted the versatility of the dies and the Poinsettias look beautiful with a classy vintage feel.

B x

Maryann Laursen said...

Soooo gorgeous and well made as always from your hands Astrid. I love the gorgeous poinsettias you´ve made and used here, but everything is ofcause as usual looking fabulous and fit perfect together.

Valerie-Jael said...

Fantastic pieces Astrid, you certainly made the most of those dies. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

Meggymay said...

Awesome vintage style cards Astrid, the dies certainly look lovely and versatile to use.
Yvonne xx

Redanne said...

When I saw the first card I thought it was my favourite - and then looked at the second and now I cannot decide between them. They are both gorgeous, the little pinecones are adorable. Hugs, Anne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what amazing makes! I love the littke pine cones and the poinsettia dies, they are coloured and sparkled with glitter beautifully, I'll definitely be checking these out at Hunkydory in a minute ...lol 😁. The Seasons Greeting wording is very pretty too, is this in a die set? Your posts are definitely getting me into the Festive Spirit and I adore your Vintage style especially at this time of year 😀. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a wonderful week! J 😊 x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Another wonderful pair. LOVE the intricate die cutting on the first and all the foliage. So lovely Astrid.

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful cards my friend, I love the gorgeous layers and designs xxx

Annie said...

Both cards are fabulous Astrid x Beautiful layouts and dies look wonderful x

TFS Annie xx

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful cards, Astrid!

Dorthe said...

So lovely oldfashioned cards, ( which I love ) for Christmas, dear Astrid. Both so wonderful with the flowers, greenery and other sweet diecuts . Beautiful they are.
Hugs, Dorthe xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh My Astrid! What fabulous cards! Both have such beautiful layers! Hugs, Chrisx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh Astrid, how gorgeous are these! Have agreat crafty week, Angela xxx

Paper Profusion said...

More wonderful cards Astrid. You have worked with these products brilliantly! Happy weekend. Nicola x

Kate Yetter said...

Your style is so nostalgic with loads of elegance! And I absolutely love the circular card. So many layers and embellishments. Gorgeous, Astrid.
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

How did I miss this the other day? These are gorgeous. I am getting into the holiday swing now that there’s some snow on the ground- although I will say the snow is not a good reason to feel like Christmas is just around the corner, since it is not. And yes the coins arrived yesterday and sorry not to write last night but my daughter decided to come home for the weekend and the back deck needed to be shoveled and I got distracted. They are fantastic and I like the paper die cuts you included along with the stamped envelope. That was quite the fancy package. Better than my yellow paper one for sure. I also like the book mark. I will say Astrid you have vintage down and it makes my vintage look more retro than vintage. I don’t know if you use a glitter paint or media but I love the soft sparkles too. Not gaudy or big blobs. Thanks so much for doing the swap with me. It was a lot of fun. We shall have to do it again some time when we have some time 😀. Happy weekend. Hugs Erika

Margaret Mifsud said...

These are so gorgeous Astrid!! Wonderful papers so beautifully layered and the dies are fabulous!! Love the colours and love the designs!! hugs xx

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely work with the dies - the frames make for such charming cards, drawing the eye inward. I love the white poinsettias too.
Alison x

Julia Aston said...

Two beautiful creations Astrid! What wonderful layering of pretty die cuts and lovely patterns on your papers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key