Saturday 10 November 2018

A wonderful invitation

Hello friends, thanks for dropping by.
A few weeks ago I received an invitation from Hunky Dory Crafts, to ask whether I wanted to receive some of their products and do a review of them on my social media. Well, why not? So the other day I received two die sets and a pack of smooth white card, and today I will show you what I have made with the first die set and some of the card.
The die set I used is called Prancing Pixies.
So here goes:
The first projects was three Artist Trading Coins. The little dies in the set are just perfect for these 2.5 inch coins that seem to be all the rage just now. Below first of all a picture of the actual dies:
And here a few close ups of the coins:
This one uses the little toad stool, I just cut it twice, from the card, which by the way is absolutely brilliant, it's strong without being too thick, super smooth so great for stamping and absolutely perfect for die cutting! Even intricate dies cut brilliantly with my old Big Shot in just one pass!
The base for this one was a wooden coin I purchased a while back, I coated it with gesso, a thin layer of crackle paint and then coloured with Oxide Inks and finally put some embossing powder around the edge.
The toadstools were coloured with a mix of different markers from my stash.
This one was done in a similar way, the moon was done with a mask and the fairy was coloured with shimmer paint, and some glitter was added to his wings. The stars were done with one of Tim Holtz's new stencils, just using a baby wipe to lift some of the ink.
For this one, using the delightful prancing deer, I coated the coin with crackle paste and when that had dried and cracked, added some normal stencil paste and sprinkled some Distress Glitter into the wet paste. The stars in the background used Dreamweavers silver embossing paste through the same Tim stencil.

So far for the coins, but of course the dies can also be used for cards, so below two very different cards I made:
This one uses a chipboard snowflake frame from the Polish company Snipart. I painted it with Shimmer paints, cut a circle to fit behind, coloured with Distress Oxide and some Gesso stamping to add more interest, and then used the delightful sledge as focal point:
The sledge was cut from metallic Kraft core in silver and then aged with Mushroom alcohol ink. The detail was added with a Stabilo All pencil and a black pen.

Now I did want to use the little Santa also, so here is the final card I made, which would be suitable for a child perhaps:
Well, I think that's all for now, thank you for dropping by during this busy time of year, happy crafting and I will be back in a few days showing you what I made with the other die set.

xxxxx










18 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

You have created some really beautiful coins with your new stash, looks like you had fun. Enjoy your weekend, hugs, Valerie

Redanne said...

Astrid, you have showcased the new dies beautifully, the prancing deer might be my favourite but I also love the Santa and the sleigh. A great review of the new products you used! Hugs, Anne xx

Paper Profusion said...

Like Anne that prancing deer is my favourite but they all look brilliant! You have put the samples through their paces to perfection. Love how you transformed the Snipart frame also. I'm beginning to feel quite Christmassy! Nicola x

Meggymay said...

It looks a super die set and the projects you made all look fantastic. I loved the deer as well.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

These are fabulous Astrid. I love the holiday inspiration. I'm getting to that point with the cold temperatures that have arrived. I also like your vintage feel to them. Beautiful. Hope your weekend is going well. Hugs-Erika

Brenda Brown said...

Cute coins Astrid and fabulous cards xxx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

These must have been the dies you had mentioned, what a delightful size Astrid. Perfect for your ATCoins and your backgrounds have showcased them beautifully. I can imagine there has been much concentration whilst cutting those wee ones out. Look forward to seeing what else you create using these HD dies.
Sunday Hugs Tracey xx

Rita said...

Good Morning Astrid. What a pleasure to see your beautiful makes. I have fallen in love with those stunning mushrooms. Love them all, and of course Hunkydory will be more than delighted with what you have done. Perfect review for such lovely coins. Looking forward to seeing you soon. Have a Good Day my friend. Hugs Rita xx

Jennie Atkinson said...

Fabulous makes Astrid! xx

Maryann Laursen said...

And as everything you ever do, this is just gorgeous. I love these coins with all the different looks but still with a great message in them as usual. Your work is just fabulous, well done.

Dorthe said...

Wonderful coins, love your crackled backgrounds on 3 of them- so many tiny details , and your cards oh my they are gorgeous, too- Astrid ,-- love the blue-silvery one , and the sweet story you are telling on the other one. Adorable little die cuts, !!

Annie said...

Oh how cool are your ATcoins Astrid xx Wonderful details and I too love the deer and the amazing crackle xx

Your Christmas cards are gorgeous too

See you soon xx
Annie xx

Patty O'Malley said...

Fantastic cards and coins, Astrid. I haven't heard much about the artist training coins but the ones you made are wonderful. Plus, I love the winter look!

Let's Art Journal said...

What a wonderful opportunity and wow, you really put them to good use too! They are all so amazing and I love love love the prancing deer with the crackle background - so beautiful 😁. I hope you've had a lovely weekend, sorry I haven't visited earlier but we had an unexpected surprise with friends visiting so I now have a lot of blogging to catch up on ...lol 😉. Wishing you a happy new week! J 😊 x

Kate Yetter said...

Those dies are indeed perfect for your little coins. You have made such mini pieces of art. Gorgeous, Astrid. I especially love the mushroom coin.
Kate

pearshapedcrafting said...

What an honour and what a great set of example you have created! Congratulations! Hugs, Chrisx

Words and Pictures said...

What a lovely surprise to be invited to play by Hunky Dory - but they knew what they were doing, as you've showcased the products beautifully. I also love that wonderful snowflake frame from Snipart (am resisting going shopping right now!).
Alison x

Jackie PN said...

Omgosh Astrid!! these coins are absolutely gorgeous! And the cards are just as well! I can't believe how tiny those dies are- now you have me wanting them! heehee
I love everything you create- truly your own style!
sending hugs,Jackie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key