And below you can see how they were sewn into the main accordion, I put one little insert in every valley, but oly on one side, the other side was left as a normal accordion.
To decorate the front, I first added some stenciling with transparent texture paste, highlighted the raised bits with some gilding paste when dry and then added some further embellishments:
First I added some strips of bookpaper, a Tim Holtz metal plate with the word imagine inserted and a pen nib. Then I melted some Ancient Silver embossing powder round about and finally added some flowers.
On the bottom half I just added some shadows to make the ink bottle that was on the paper (Blue Fern Collection) pop a little more.
Now finally to the inside pages. I have done 5 pages so far. They are all similar but subtly different and I will show you photos of my notes in the inserts, so you can see te steps I used at the end.
I am sorry, they are not easy to read, but if by any chance you want to know more, just contact me.
There are many more pages to be done, but below I show you a few pictures still of how I finished some of the pages so far:
I used a mix of collage elements, fussy cut stamps and die cuts.
Here is the next double page next to the first insert.
Creating an accordion with inserts like this, gives you tons of space, so far I have only done about a quarter of all the pages.
I attached a lable to the back of the spine still (the die is from the Eileen Hull Book Box die) and that was pretty much it.
Here you can see the accordion inside the cover, ready to fill with furher techniques.
Now, before I sign off, I just want to mention a super giveaway we have going on to celebrate the launch of our new Facebook and Instagram pages:
Well thanks for saying with me for this very long post and Happy February!
Please hop over to the Mini Album Makers Challenge blog to see the amazing albums my teamies have created and do join us by showing us your own books and albums!
Thanks for your visit like always,