Sunday 5 July 2015

Some fabulous Paper Artsy fun

Hello everyone and lovely to see you here!
The other day I was super excited to receive an email from Leandra Franich from Paper Artsy wondering whether I would like to create a couple of projects with some new stamps they are bringing out. When she showed me some of the images I was even more excited and of course said YES please!
The new stamps will come under the Hot Picks range and feature some stunning vintage collage stamps and images. You can find out all about them by clicking  HERE.

For my first project I used set HP 1501, a set with fabulous back ground stamps and several elements perfect for journaling, and made a little hanger. Here is what the set looks like:
I'll give you a quick step by step of how I built up my little hanger.
I started with a piece of grey board and adhered a wide piece of lace to the left side:
I covered the whole little board with Snowflake Fresco Finish paint and then added colour with the help of Nougat, a little Blush and some Mocha Mousse.
When the paint was almost dry I used a  baby wipe to take off some paint for a shabby look.
Here is the next stage, dabbing on Mocha Mousse with a paper towel for some additional interest and texture.

Then followed some background stamping, using Mocha Mousse and French Roast:
I love how easy it is to use the Fresco paints to stamp with.
Now for the focal image. I used a Lynne Pyrella stamp for this from an older set (007).
I stamped her on tissue paper using Versamark Onyx Black, adhered her with Matt Gel medium and then blended paints around her to make her merge into the background.
I stamped just the heart part again, fussy cut it and then coloured it with Plum Archival ink.
Now for the embellishments. I made a flower cluster using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals and Tattered Flower Garland dies, I used a piece of card, painted and stamped with similar colours to my background.
Here you see the card I used and below the little flower cluster:
The finishing touches were some further stamping with the other stamps from the collection and the word Journey, cut with a Cheery Lynn die as well as a rusted pen nib..
Because of the lace underneath the focal stamp there were some lovely textural bits I could highlight with Treasure Gold in White Fire.
Here you can see a little corner close up.
I finished the back with some pretty paper and made a little hook so it can hang:

Well, that's pretty much it. I made two further little projects using set HP1505, but as this post is long enough already, I'll blog those in a few days time.
Do hop over to the Paper Artsy Blog where Leandra is showing a video showcasing this wonderful collection of stamps. There are 7 sets in all, and trust me, you don't want to miss them, they are superb!
Well that's it, thanks so much for visiting here and have a creative week ahead!!


39 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

A really beautiful piece, Astrid - love the lacy textured background and isn't that script stamp just delicious?! Gorgeous vintage style, as always - lovely work. Can't wait to see your other samples in more detail too - they look lovely over at PA.
Alison xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful work as always Astrid. Enjoy your trip to Australia! Valerie

Ruth said...

So good to see your work with these gorgeous new sets....all your samples are beautiful, especially adore the tulip and squid ink one...heavenly Astrid! Ruth x

chrissie said...

Wonderful ideas as always Astrid and amazing techniques

Love Chrissie xx

Fliss said...

This is really stunning Astrid, so beautifully textured and vintage in style. So lovely to see you over at Paper Artsy too and congratulations to you.
Fliss xx

PaperArtsy said...

Thanks so much for your beautiful samples Astrid! Always lovely to see what you create. Thanks for your support xx

brenda said...

You certainly did Leandra proud here with stunning work Astrid.

B x

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous project Astrid, these new stamps look like they will be on my wish list.
Enjoy your trip to Australia.
Yvonne

Juliz Design Post said...

Congrats on being GD with PaperArtsy. Beautiful project.
Julie x

Redanne said...

The script stamp is fabulous and I really, really love how you used it. This is a stunning make Astrid, I love it! Huge congratulations too Astrid! Hugs, Anne xx

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Such nice results with the brandnew PA stamps Astrid...tfs
Alie :-)

Julie Lee said...

This is so beautiful, Astrid. I love that gorgeous strip of lace, which makes it so special and the stamping with Frescos is so effective! A delight! xxx

Keren Baker said...

Beautiful and love all the layers and textures! x

rachel said...

super duper work Astrid - really love the background - that stamp looks fabulous - great textures as always. Hugs rachel x

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Astrid, it is so exciting to see you create for PaperArtsy and WOW, isn't this simply so beautiful and the colour palette Leandra selected was perfection for you.
Gorgeous in every way.
Wishes
Lynne

Patty O'Malley said...

This wall hanging looks fantastic, Astrid! Love seeing how it all came together.

experiments in paper said...

Brilliant use of these wonderful new stamps, Astrid! I love what you've done here to build up texture and background interest, particularly the addition of the Mocha Mousse with the paper towel...very effective! Congratulations for becoming a demonstrator herald for Paper Artsy - very well deserved for sure!! Hope you are having a wonderful time in Oz with the grandchildren! xxx Lynn

maria's knutselplezier said...

Wow , what a great , gorgeous card with these new stamp set, thanks for showing us how you created it!!! I really love it !!!

Greetings
Maria

A Magical Whimsy said...

Thank you for your enlightening tutorial. I love the stamps you used, and especially the older Lynne Pyrella image stamp which reminds me of the Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland, which by the way is the 150th anniversary of the book this year.
Your entire project came together beautifully!
Teresa in California
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

Inkypinkycraft said...

Astrid , loving the script stamp and the piece you have created is so gorgeous!! what a wonderful piece x I love all your colours as always! xx hugs x

froebelsternchen said...

AMAZING! I love it!

Maryann Laursen said...

You´ve just done it again Astrid, hven´t you? I absolutely LOVE this little hanger, and thanks sooo much for the great tutorial in how you made it, it´s awesome and soooo beautiful as everything else, you ever makes., Love the colors and the texture in in this project, as it can fit into almost anything.
As always your work is sooo amazing hun.
Have a wonderful week ahead yourself too.

Paula Whittaker said...

A lovely piece showcasing the new stamps x

Ros Crawford said...

You did a wonderful job with those goodies!! Please don't worry about catching up ... I know just what it's like!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous canvas, fantastic tutorial. I love the textures and flowers. Have a great day, Shirleyxx

Unknown said...

Love the lace in the background, it's my go to these days for yummy texture too!! Love these little details that you never fail to add, like that pink heart she's holding, the texture, the hint of text in the background...love it all xx

Paper Profusion said...

The stamps look brilliant Astrid - thank-you for sharing how you built up all those lovely lovely layers. Nicola x

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely project Astrid, I really like the depth you created with all the layers !
Corrie x

Unknown said...

What a fabulous background Astrid... but then the entire project is wonderful. I have so loved seeing all the different creations for these new stamps. Yours is right at the top of the line as far as WONDERFUL. j.

Terry said...

Wow!!! Astrid, I am not at all surprised that you would be asked to work your magic on new stamps! What a gorgeous and beautifully textured background to go with those lovely new stamps! I so love this!

Pamellia said...

What a wonderful treat to get play with the new products and you sure did them justice!! This is so beautiful and I just loved watching you put it together!! The lace really creates such a unique texture, love your flower arrangement! hugs :)

Marisa Job said...

Another gorgeous creation!! Love the flowers!! Hugs!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

SO COOL!!! Love the tones!

Jackie PN said...

Such stunning vintage goodness Astrid! beautiful!! xo

craftimamma said...

Absolutely wonderful Astrid! I am always in awe at how you build up your layers of images, stamping, paints and ink. You have done the stamps every justice!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh my!! What a wonderful way to create texture! This is stunning Astrid!! Chrisx

Unknown said...

Oh, Luuuckyyyyy! Getting to play with the new PA images!! :) :) I can't wait to see what else you're going to make with them :) :) If your future new PA creations are anything like this one--we are in for such amazing creative treats!! I just love the strip of lace and the texture it created on this stunning card!! Simply amazing through and through!! XOXO-Shari

Deb said...

Gorgeous Astrid and love that new stamp set, it's going on my wish list for sure! Can't wait to see what you create next.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness isn't this a Fabulous piece!! Loving the lace and all that delicious stamping is to die for. Love it!! Karen.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key