As you may have noticed, Fashionable Stamping Challenges are having a challenge this fourtnight with the theme of one layer cards or CAS cards.
Now anybody who knows me, also knows that I do not do CAS. Though I have been stamping for years I have only once in my life done a CAS card, and that was just recently for a design team piece which I will show towards the end of the month. Now I did really enjoy making that one and as I also felt I could well do with some more practice, I decided to play in the challenge, so here is my card.
I used a beautiful stamp from La Blanche, stamped it on their special stamping paper in black archival, masked it and then stamped an old Tim Holtz scrip stamp over it
A sentiment stamp and Remnant Rub finished it all off.
I had a really hard time just leaving it like that, it somehow looked unfinished, so in the end I mounted it on some green card. (Really, I had too, because I had totally messed up the back ...)
Things I have learnt:
1. Clean your craft mat really thoroughly before starting (or in my case probably purchase a new one... :o( )
2. Mask off the edges of your card, so that you don't mess up when blending ink
3. Use a sentiment with a really clean font (I think my sentiment does not look right with that font)
4. Keep practising to get better.....
5. These cards are loads of fun to do and are quite quick to make!
Well, there you have it, hope you won't think it's too bad and thank you for visiting!
I am adding this to the FSC challenge