Wednesday 24 April 2013

Fashion in a Box

Hello everyone and thank you for stopping by!

One of my New Years resolutions was to join in more challenges and so far I have really not been doing very well...... This week however, I managed to produce something that will go with several of the challenges out there right now, so here goes:
This may look like a card, but is actually a little box as you will see in a moment, I decided to alter it to fit in with the  challenge over at the Craft Individuals Blog where the current  theme is "Spring into Fashion". So the outside is all Spring themed, while on the inside I tried to meet the fashion theme.
I started by painting my box with a mixture of Fresco Finish Ice Blue paint and Distress paint in Weathered wood. I then added some Decoart crackle medium to the top, hoping to create some crackle effect, but instead when (being impatient) I dried it with a heat gun, it started to bubble and create texture of a different kind. Ah well, you live and learn. I decided to make the best of it and highlighted this different texture with treasure gold. I darkened the edges with chalk inks and rubbed more treasure gold over the corners. I did some background stamping with an old text stamp.
My vocal images were created with the help of two Crafty Individuals stamps,  CI 302 Floral Postcard, and CI 320 Floral Birdcage. I fussy cut the flowers of the first stamp to create my flower embellishments and the bird cage one was stamped twice, the flowers were fussy cut and layered on top to add some depth.

I also fussy cut some butterflies from another stamp and stamped parts of the Floral postcard one directly onto the sides of the box.

Alright, so far so good, now to the inside: I lined the two compartments with a piece of paper from the G45 French Country collection, mainly because the colours matched the box so well.



The only fashion themed stamp I have is a G45 one from the Ladies Diary collection. I stamped it twice, once in Black Archival and then again in Stormy Sky Distress ink. I cut just the hat from that and glued it on top of the black, so that it would match the background paper. I then coloured her with Distress markers and inks.

On the other side I used a paper element from the same collection.

Well, that's it, hope you like my box and see you next time....
I am putting this in for the Crafty Individuals Challenge, the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge where the theme is Color and the Bloggers Challenge where the theme is "in Bloom"

32 comments:

Claire said...

Hi Astrid, this is absolutely beautiful, I love the box lid with the gorgeous rich blue and all the texture, the inside is just as lovely
Claire xx

Jean Hardy said...

Really lovely box Astrid - great blue and texture. Nice that you decorated the inside too. Thanks for joining in the CI Challenge this month. Jean x

Fliss said...

This is really gorgeous Astrid. Such wonderful texture and beautiful colour.
Hugs, Fliss xx

Paula Whittaker said...

wonderful box....and as Jean said, lovely colour and texture.

Jenny Marples said...

Love the textures and layering here Astrid. Hugs, Jenny x

Jennie Atkinson said...

Gorgeous - and such a lovely combination of colours, textures and stamps. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Beautiful box Astrid and even though the texture wasn't what you intended, you made it work. That's the great thing about art I guess, it changes as we're working on something and in the end is a piece of beauty. Perfection in imperfection would be the way I would put it. Hugs,
~Deb~
CDAC DT Member
A Look Through My Eyes

Ephemera said...

hi Astrid, your box is a real stunner! Beautifully stamped using one of my fave CI stamps on the lid and more luscious stamping on the inside, love the G45 toile paper, xx

chrissie said...

Amazing box creation Astrid. Wonderful colours and images.

Chrissie x

Sandie said...

Ohhhh the texture is stunning Astrid, I adore your box, and can see so many uses for this inspiring piece!!

Sophie said...

Wow! Astrid, das ist ein absolutes Kunstwerk.
Wunderschön gearbeitet und so romantische Bilder...
Chapeau!

Sonnige Grüße von Sophie xx

Maryann Laursen said...

Absolutely gorgeous box here Astrid, and I just love it. Stunning creation and gorgeous colors makes it sooo perfect. Such a wonderful little gift for someone special, who likes a real keepsake to keep forever.

Lorraine said...

It's gorgeous Astrid. Beautiful colours and the texture is great.

Ros Crawford said...

What a lovely project ... Your mistake with the heat gun produced a lovely texture!

Rita said...

This is one very Stunning box Astrid. The colours and all the elements are so beautiful. I want to feel the textures. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

Marisa Job said...

This is absolutely beautiful!! Love all the pretty details!!

Nicecrane Designs said...

Wowww, Astrid love the birdcage,,,, stamp on the die cut,,,,it inspired me to create new digis,,,and all over these stunning flowers over your blue back,,,,,,,love it, love it.

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful piece! ~Diane

Terry said...

What a gorgeous box! I love the blues and the crackle mishap leaves behind a lovely texture effect! Love those butterflies and images! Enjoy the day!

Michelle said...

WOW Astrid, this is absolutely stunning. xx

Nicky said...

j'adore cette réalisation, intérieur et extérieur ! bravo Astrid

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Beautiful decorated box, I love the butterfly and flowers and the colours and texture are fantastic. Love that you decorated the inside too . Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challemge. Tracy x

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Lovely Astrid! Love everything you did here!

Annie said...

This is a stunning box Astrid and you have certainly captured the challenge themes.
The outside is fabulous and the texture, images are amazing.

Just a short post as I will be catching up over the weekend. Roll on Friday

Crafty Hugs

Annie x

Dorthe said...

Dear Astrid,
Such a gorgeous box, I so love your impatient result on the crackle paint- what a great finish the heating caused, and beautiful with the treasure gold-
The butterflyes and flowers are stunning ,and the inside so lovely- a wonderful box, dear friend.
Hugs and love,Dorthe

Un rincón en mi buhardilla said...

A wonderful box.

greetings :)

Dianne said...

STUNNING box Astrid wow inside and out, love the background lovely texture, might have been a mistake but was meant to be I love hoe it turned out.All that fussy cutting with the flowers butterfly, look fabulous, and I love the birdcage. When you open it it just keeps getting better,gorgeous images inside. What a wonderful piece of ART, thanks for sharing your inspiration..

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

WOW...love the texture here Astrid! The bumps and ridges really make this wonderful! The brilliant blue is wonderful as well! Love the butterflies and flowers, and the toile inside is my favorite part! Thank you for sharing your true colors with us this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

Brenda Brown said...

Wonderful box Astrid. I love the CI stamp you have used on the outside with the gorgeous colours and butterflies then to open it and find such a beautifully layered design. Such a treasure.
This would also be eligible for Country View Challenges with a butterfly theme.
Hugs Brenda xox

Words and Pictures said...

What a completely gorgeous box... the shades of blue are so lovely, and that distressing on the edges is perfect! Delicious vintage look inside - so pretty and elegant - a wonderful make altogether!
Alison x

Craftyfield said...

The bubbling of the paint is a happy accident ! Love the colours and the fussy cutting of your stamped elements. Gorgeous.

Gio said...

Astrid, this is really beautiful! Elegant, classy and very effective.
Thanks for playing with us at CraftyIndividuals!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key