Monday 19 April 2010

In memory of Susan Criser aka Suzee Que


Many of you may have heard already that Susan Criser, better known as Suzee Que passed away last Tuesday, April 13.
This week's crowabout is a tribute to Susan who was so generous, and such an inspiration to so many of us. Although I did not know her in person, I knew her through her generous sharing of images on flickr, and I have so much to thank her for. I've used many of her images in my collages. She will be missed by many, and she will always be remembered through her art, the art she inspired, and the art she contributed to. She was like an angel to the whole art and craft community through her incredible generosity and dedication. We will all miss you so much Suzee!

This journal spread which uses images of the crowabout sheet 75, beautifully put together by another amazing artist Constance Taylor, is dedicated to Suzee Que

6 comments:

My name is Cindy said...

A lovely layout Astrid and a great tribute from the crowabout crew. I was saddenned to read of this earlier today, I didn't really know Susan other than as a prolific contributor of wonderful images to the internet art community but I know she will be missed by the many many artists who have benefitted from her genersoity.

pinkglitterfae said...

another beautiful woman lost too soon. I had no idea she passed.
I do remember her from Flikr though, she had been so generous with her vintage images. Rest in peace Suzee Que.

Your journal spread is a lovely tribute.

LynnF said...

This is just so beautiful, so touching, Astrid! God bless Suzee Que!!! LynnF

Sandy said...

Oh wow your collage is a great honor to Suzee. Good bless her and your family.
Wonderful play with the sheet Astrid.

Betzie said...

What a wonderful tribute Astrid...I didn't know Suzee...but wish I had. I don't use Flicker, not even sure how to, but I suppose I should learn. :) Thanks for this lovely visual this morning.

Lynn Stevens said...

A wonderful tribute to a generous soal

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key