Sunday 20 June 2021

Just a message about following by email and an altered file folder

Surprise, surprise, another post from me so soon after the last.
Let me start by saying a big thank you to all those who have been in touch and told me how sad you are I don't blog regularly anymore.... OK, I hear you and will try to blog more often again.
Meanwhile, a special hello to those of you who signed up to receive email notifications when there is a new post here.

If you are blogger yourself who uses email subscriptions, you may have read that Google is discontinuing Feedburner as a tool. Feedburner is what has been in charge of the Blogger Followers gadget, sending out email notifications to those who have signed up and activated their subscription.

So this is just to let you know that if you are a follower by email, you will (hopefully!) continue to receive those notifications, but they will now come courtesy of follow.it.

You shouldn't have to do anything special. When you get an email, you can just click through to visit me here at my blog, just as you always have done. You, the followers, will also get the chance to alter how you receive your notifications if you want to, which couldn't be done with Feedburner. But that's entirely up to you. If you don't want to change anything you don't have to!

If you follow by Bloglovin', I think everything there should just continue as normal.

And if you'd like to start following by email, you'll find a brand new green button to do it in the sidebar. All you have to do is click that button and then put in the email address you would like to receive the notification to.
I was so cross about another change being forced on us by Google, and I was really worried about the changeover, but thanks to follow.it the whole thing was so much easier than I was expecting! I can't say enough good things about the follow.it staff I've communicated with. They've handled the whole process for me, and made it all very simple - and the basic service is free. 

If you are also a blogger, and haven't yet sorted out how your email followers will hear about your posts after July, I would strongly urge you to check out follow.it and get in touch with them.

Well, after that intro, here is a quick project I can share:
It's an altered file folder, cut to about 6" high, folded accordion style and then decorated with tags, stamping, stencilling and so called Mu Print on Stickers. With the bits of the folder I cut off, I created pockets to hold further tags and ephemera. This will make a great insert for a larger journal, or can stand by itself.
Scroll down for further pictures, and happy crafting.
A side pocket  with matching journal card
Two further tags, all decorated with the print on stickers mentioned above.
Another side pocket, using the same fairy I used in my previous postcard post. It was a scan from one of the Cicely Mary Barker Flower Fairy books that I scanned, reduced in size and then fussy cut.



This journal card was decorated with washi stickers, I love how they just blend into the background.


And here finally is the back of the cover.
Well that's it for today and thanks for your visit.

5 comments:

bonniemon said...

Love this project, too! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your creations with us!!

Maryann Laursen said...

I can only agree, it has been quite a mess with all the notifications from Google the past couple of years, so it was really nice too hear, that you´ve found a great new place to work it from. I´m too finding new places online lately as the normal ones worrk terrible now a days.
But your proooject here are just as beautiful as always, and it´s always such a pleasure to watch some of your work, so thanks for keep sharing it, inspite of all the troubles to do so.
Have a wonderful week and summer aheaad here now.

sharnymcclarny said...

I love that idea. The file folder truly lends itself to collage as it is already the correct background color to glue lovely things down to. Thank you for sharing

Judy McKay said...

What lovely work. Beautiful collage. Very inspiring. Judy
https://insearchofmycreativeside.blogspot.com/

Auntie Em said...

This is so pretty! Thank you for your lovely inspiration :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key