Friday 7 August 2020

Tag You're It for a Vintage Journey #92, a journal and a freebie

Hello friends, it's that time again, the first Friday of the month and that means a new challenge is starting over at A Vintage Journey.
Amanda is our host this month and her theme is Tag You're it, this is what she has to say about the theme:
 'We would love to see what you create with, or on hang tags. Your hang tags can be created from any material or be any size. We would just love to see that iconic 'hang' shape front and centre in your design. Just remember to create your tag project in one of our preferred styles: vintage, shabby, mixed media, art journalling, industrial,  timeworn or steampunk.'

Well, who doesn't love to make tags, I certainly do, that's why I made 3 of them while I was at it anyway and like usual they will be part of one of my journals.


The base of the tags are book pages, I collaged, layered and stamped on them and then backed them with card to make them more sturdy.
I used scraps of paper napkins, which I adhered to the book page with collage medium, making sure on this one that some of the book page showed still too. I then added a butterfly and little label (some of these art part of a new downloadable paper collection that is available in my Etsy shop). I glued some coffee dyed cheese cloth underneath the embellishments and along the bottom there is part of a so called snipped rolled, made by gluing bits of scrap lace, paper etc to a strip of book page. At the top I fixed some lace with a couple of tiny staples.
The second one is made in a very similar way, more snipped roll along the bottom and in the middle some stamped callico fabric glued onto some lace. I forgot to mention that I cut the original pieces in the tag shapes just by hand and then zig-zagged all around them on my sewing machine.
The 3rd one is again very similar, just with a slightly different lay out. The butterfly here is actually another piece of a paper napkin.

Here you can see how the tag will fit inside the journal which is a junk journal style travellers notebook. I'll probably  post more photos of that at some other point.
And here you can see how the final tag fits under a belly band.

Here are a few more of the journal pages using my new kit:





 And here finally is the freebie, it's for fussy cutting to embellish pages. To get the full resolution printable one, just email me. I often print mine out on sticker paper and then spend a happy evening fussy cutting away, very relaxing :o)


Well, that's it for now, do hop over to A vintage Journey to see the amazing tags my teamies have created and of course we hope you will decide to play along.
Happy Crafting and thanks for your visit.
xxxxx




10 comments:

Annie said...

Beautiful tags for your journal Astrid x I love the collages papers and fussy cut images from your new kit, together with the dyed lace and cheesecloth xx
Another stunning kit to play with xx Yes please to your freebie when you have time xx

Huge hugs
Annie xx

Words and Pictures said...

These are so pretty, Astrid. I love the colours of the florals - those reds and blues seem quite full-on compared to your normal palette, but then you see how beautifully they work in context, providing a pop of gorgeous vintage colour amongst the gentle neutrals of the journal. Beautiful collaging - that coffee-dyed cheesecloth is gorgeous!
Alison x

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what stunning tags! The collaged paper and layers of napkin look so amazing 😀. They are the perfect addition to your beautiful journal! Take care and wishing you a happy August! Hugs, Jo x

A Pink said...

Your trio of tags are gorgeous , Astrid . I love how you have collaged all those wonderful vintage elements so harmoniously. The muted vintage pops of colour and text add to each tags beauty and the stitching is a perfect finishing touch.

Your journal is fabulous and is a super way to showcase you new kit.

Thanks for contributing your gorgeous tags to the challenge .

Have a lovely weekend
Amanda x

MD said...

Splendide bravo merci ����

Unknown said...

Really love them all. They just remind me of my Grandmother's hankies that she kept. Beautiful collage work, so fancy.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Lovely little pops of red and blue on your trio of tags Astrid, your tags have always been a delight to see. The lace makes them so warm along with their stitched edges, beautiful creations. Looking at your tags and pockets makes me long for a printer again.. i'd be over to your etsy site all of the time.
Sending hugs hoping you are keeping well & safe Tracey xx

Bella said...

So beautiful tags! Please send me the hi res freebie:
dorabella.santos@gmail.com

Thanks!

Julia Aston said...

These are so lovely Astrid with the laces, butterflies and soft florals! They fit beautifully in your journal. xx

A Poppy Creation said...

Love these journals/file folder, thank you so much, take care.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key