Today I am excited to share a project with you that I made specially for the new challenge at Frilly and Funkie where I was invited to be guest designer once more after winning their Lace challenge a while back.
But first to the challenge theme:
The host for this challenge is the lovely Cec, and this is what she had to say about the challenge:
Challenge Theme: “B” Happy!
Description: Create a shabby chic or vintage project that makes you happy and features birds, bees and/or butterflies. You must use at least one of these things with wings and it must have a place of prominence on your creation but if you wish to use two or more, please feel free to do that.
Now I had this wonderful piece of rice paper from Stamperia in my stash and decided to use it for this project as it features the beautiful butterfly. Now you may ask, if this is not an album, what is it?
Well, it's a little container/folder (not sure what to call it) to hold some teabags and tags created for a tea bag swap that I was recently involved in.
So here is a quick run through of how I made it:
Here you can see the whole of the outside. The bee in the middle is a La Blance stamp that I stamped on tissue paper and then adhered to the central panel.
Now to the inside:
I have this Stamperia Flower Alphabet paper collection that matched the rice paper beautifully, so I used different papers from that for the inside. I added the bee stamp here too, this time stamped on an other piece of paper from the collection and then fussy-cut a couple of flowers and attached them underneath to tie the different papers together.
Next I created a pocket, deep enough to hold the tea bags and tags. Hopefully you can see from the picture more or less how I did that:
As you can see I made a couple of concertina folded "hinges" that will be attached to the central inside panel and thus make the pocket deep enough for the content.
You need to make sure to stay inside the spine area, otherwise the album will not close.
Here you can see in a bit more detail what the contents look like:
It all fitted just perfectly inside the pocket, and using the wrapped journal die for this purpose worked pretty well, as it is designed with a wide enough spine to easily wrap around the package.
The two little tags are just cut outs from the paper collection, the larger tag was made with oxide inks, some background stamping and a fussy-cut flower I had in my stash.
I also added a little butterfly still to stick with the theme of B creatures with wings...
The folder closes with a Velcro closure and that was pretty much it.
I loved the theme that Cec had chosen and want to thank the whole team at Frilly and Funkie for inviting me to be their guest. And thank you lovely friends for your visit here today