Tuesday 22 May 2018

A gift and some transparency

Hello friends, - today I want to share a little canvas I made for a friend I visited today and whose birthday it was recently.
I love drawing sweet little faces, but this one was a bit of a struggle, because I had created a rather textured background first.

Said background was created on a piece of thick card with the help of acrylic paints, gesso, a brayer and some stencils, - just playing around and having fun.
Here you can see some of the textures and some background stamping which I usually add to this type of background.

I also added a couple of little fussycut butterflies for a little more interest and then I adhered the piece to a prepared canvas that I had coloured with a mix of Distress paints and crayons.
To give the edge of the cnavas a little more interest I added some strips of washi design tape and that was pretty much it.


Now you may wonder, what about the transparency...? Well I am sure most of you will be aware that Europe is implementing  the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which come into action on May 25th. It is somewhat unclear  whether individual bloggers are part of the deal. To be on the safe side, this bit is to let you know that I have created a Privacy Policy which you can see at the relevant page just under the header of my blog.

The data held by Blogger is very limited, and I assure you I do not and never will use your data for anything but sending you notification of a new blogpost, or for clicking through to your blog for a return visit. As stated in the Privacy Policy, all Blogger blogs use cookies, and these can be disabled in your internet settings if you choose.

If you are a follower by email or via bloglovin, you are of course entitled to unsubscribe at any time of your choosing, but I very much hope you will continue to follow my crafting journey here at Astrids Artistic Efforts.

Okay, boring business over, and like always, thanks for you visit and have a wonderful week!
xxxxx


18 comments:

Francine Perri said...

This is awesome Astrid I absolutely love it. I love seeing all of your work

Meggymay said...

It is a gorgeous canvas Astrid, your friend will love it. The texture of the background looks lovely and the sweet painted face is beautiful.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

She has a gorgeous face Astrid. I love the texture you created. Your friend must have been very happy. And you mentioned in your comment to me that your husband works in the publishing industry. That means you must get some good books before they hit the store. Or don't they do that in the UK? Either way, no one can complain about a book. Hope your week is going well. Hugs-Erika

Helen Wallace said...

What a lovely gift. Gorgeous texture and lovely subtle tones. The face is beautifully done. TFS

Margaret Mifsud said...

This is stunning Astrid! As always, I love your colour choices and the textures you have created are absolutely awesome! Bet your friend was gobsmacked to receive such a gorgeous gift.
Have a wonderful day!! huga x

Valerie-Jael said...

Your canvas is really beautiful, love all the textures. Have a fantastic day, hugs, Valerie

Annie said...

Hi Astrid x I totally love this fabulous canvas and the wonderful details incorporated x The face is so beautifully drawn...its a real treasure and I am honoured to receive it xx It was such a great creative day and a good chat/catch up too.....just wish it could have been longer xx

Have a great day dear friend
Annie xx

Maryann Laursen said...

Absolut stunning work as always Astrid, you really did an outstanding job here once again.
And don´t you worry, I´m sure none of us will miss your gorgeous work for anything here, and I for one is certainly not worried, that you´ll share anything with anybody, so I´m sure here to stay, as I´m too curious not to he he.
Have a wonderful day sweet lady.

froebelsternchen said...

That face turned out so pretty over the texture background- perfection Astrid!
A wonderful gift!
I am happy that the most of my friends in blogland set their privacy now and we all will continue our hobby and passion.
Happy rest of teh week dear Astrid!
Hugs, Susi

Marisa Job said...

Beautiful creation!! Love the colors and texture!! Hugs!

Kate Yetter said...

Sweet little face indeed! Your talent is amazing, Astrid! I love the textured background and I can imagine that it caused some difficulty with your face but one would never know. It compliments her perfectly. I love the little butterflies and the touches of stamping and color. Your friend must be thrilled with her gift! if she is not she can always send it to me. I have the perfect spot. ;)
Kate

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Astrid this really is lovely, what a treat for your friend. I have to agree that it is not the easiest of things to create faces upon texture I always opt for the back to front option and add in the texture after I have drawn the face hee hee!! She is perfect and I love the addition of the washi tape around the edges.
I'm getting a little worried about this GDPR thingy, I just want to blog and share creativity.. !!! Oh what a to do..
Hugs as always Tracey xx

Redanne said...

The face is beautiful Astrid, gorgeous in fact, you did a wonderful job on the textured surface! I love the beautiful butterflies you added too, they are a wonderful finishing touch. Hugs, Anne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, you created so much wonderful texture and detail on your background! It must have been quite a challenge to draw over it and create such a beautiful face - amazing 😁. I bet your friend loved this canvas! Wishing you a lovely week! J 😊 x

Dorthe said...

Dear Astrid, I am stunned by your amazing canvas , to your friend.
The stunning texture you have in the face, too- is simply so gorgeous, so the work of drawing, surely paid off in the most wonderful way !!!
In fact I was here already yesterday, but got such a scare reading your Privacy Politics , - as I know I would not be able to understand enough of what is needed, when reading and writing in another language .... So I flew away, lol- trying to find out if this is a must,- and had different answers- as some think the message Blogger have set up,on our blogs now, is enough ---- I still don`t know what to do- or how to do it- but thank you for the scare, making me think Astrid . xoxoxo

Words and Pictures said...

She really is lovely. There's such a gentleness to her expression, and I think the texture just adds to the overall beauty of the portrait (though I can see it might have been tricky as you were drawing!). I love the delicate golden glow in the background and those butterflies are the perfect finishing touch.
Alison x

Diana Taylor said...

She is totally adorable and I love the soft, feminine style of the piece. I think the texture really adds depth and interest but I can see how it would be more difficult to draw on - you've done a fantastic job. I also love those little butterflies - such a perfect touch. What a wonderful gift for your friend.

Jackie PN said...

Wow Astrid, she is gorgeous! I am so happy you shared some close ups- I just love the textures you added!
So well done! I am sure your friend LOVED her! I would!
hugs,Jackie xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key