The lovely Jennie is our host and the theme she chose is Words That Are Special. This is what Jennie had to say about the challenge:We often use words for cardmaking, scrapbooking, journaling, layering backgrounds, stamping, collage, in mixed media work, on our tags …. In fact words are often an integral part of our design processes for many of our projects. This month show us words that are important or special to you and how you incorporate them in your vintage; shabby; mixed-media; art journaling; industrial or steampunk art.
Well I love words and decided to make a fold-out card with 4 panels with some of my favourite sayings. It's based on a project that I found on Pinterest. Here are the different panels:
I have written a quick tutorial of how to make this, and of course you can decorate it in whatever way you wish. The base of mine is Kraft Card. This is what you will need:
A3 card for the front, back an inside strip and the backing of your inside panels
White card for the front and back, inside covers and panels.
A selection of paints, inks, stamps etc
1. Fold A3 card in half along the long side, this gives you an A4 folded card. (8.5 by 11 approx)
2. Cut this in half giving you a folded card panel that is 21 cm wide and 14.7 cm high (8" by 5 3/4 approx)
3. From the remaining card cut a strip along the long side about 4 cm high (1.5" Approx)
Fold this strip concertina style.
4. The inside panels can be any size that fits inside the covers, I made mine 11.5 cm high and 9 cm wide (4.5 x 3 3/4 " approx).
5. Create panels for the covers, inside covers and inside cards in what ever way you wish
6. Adhere to covers and insides.
7. Glue concertina fold strip in place and then adhere your 4 inside cards.
Hope my description makes sense. Below I will show you how I decorated mine with paints, inks, stencils and stamping.
|Front cover using stencils by Tim Holtz and Andy Skinner, Decoart Media acrylic paints, Distress Crayons and Infusions.|
|Stamps by Tim Holtz, coloured with Big Brush Pens|
|Back cover, using similar techniques.|
|Stamps by Wendy Vecchi, some doodling with white pen and a Tim word sticker.|
|Inside left , using Distress inks and stamps and stencils by Tim and Andy Skinner|
|Inside right same thing. These insides will be mostly covered by the fold out cards of course....|
And here some close ups of the inside cards, all done in a similar way, using Distress inks and stamps from various sets by Tim Holtz.
I changed the colour ways subtly to go along with the background of the covers.
Well, that's it, I had great fun putting this together and will definitely make more of these, you could use it and put tags inside, or even use the panels as photo mats and make a little brag-book or something.
Do make sure to check out what my talented teamies have made for this challenge if you have not done so already and get all the details of the challenge this month, all you need to do is CLICK HERE
Hope you will join in with our challenge and have a wonderful weekend!!