Hello my lovely crafty friends and a very warm welcome! It has been very quiet here for the last few weeks, but I am now back home so you can expect to see more over the next days and weeks.
I would like to start by saying a big thank you to you all for all your lovely comments and visits. Since I left home I have gained 30 new followers, I feel so honoured that you decided to follow along on my arty journey, thank you for that.
Today I am sharing the first page in a brand new journal:
Bumblebees and Butterflies started the year with a visual journal challenge. You can read all about it here.
The moment I saw her post after my return, I knew that that was just the kind of challenge I needed to get me back into an arty groove.
Here's a quick run down of how I put my spread together:
1. Cover the centre of the page with white, and the edges with clear Gesso. (I wanted to experiment with the difference in texture with both)
2. Add texture with the help of texture paste and stencils in various corners as well as some crackle paste randomly with a palette knife.
3. Add colour using various sprays, I used a mix of Tim Holtz Distress Sprays and Lindy's Stampgang ones.
4. Use the top layer of a paper napkin to add a focal image, using gel medium to adhere it.
5. Add various background stamps and use some watered down gesso to integrate the napkin into the page.
6. Add more colour with sprays and paint and some washi tape.
7. Finish with a sentiment, and some shadows using markers and a water brush.
Here are some close ups still:
If you love journaling, or even if you are new to it, - why not play along with us? You can link your project HERE, and players will visit each others blogs to see what we have all been up to, great fun!
Thanks so much for your visit like always, and I hope to see you soon again!!
Spring Bird Daffodil from Chocolate Baroque
1 hour ago