Hello everyone and lovely to have you drop in.
I am sharing my April Tag for Tim Holtz's challenge.
The original can of course be seen here
Well, like with most of us, mine has turned out quite differently, though I used the same sort of techniques, substituting those products I don't have for other ones. But like with my last 3 tags, I am mounting all of my size 8 tags onto a size 10, so I started by creating the background for my big tag.
I created a background with Antique Linen, Salty Ocean and Frayed Burlap Distress Inks, using some spritz and flick and the new lattice stencil. I then overstamped with some stamps from the Mercantile set and stamped in Pottingsoil Archival and a bit of Jet Black. I also used the large number stencil for the number two but in the end that was covered over with the smaller tag.
So for that one I started just like Tim described, I just used slightly different colours.
Here you can see the Frameworks Trellis which in my case I cut from grey board and then painted with various colours of Distress Paint.
As I have neither the mirror stuff nor cork, I cut my inserts from greyboard covered with paper, then hessian and then I painted some of the little grey board panels first with Brushed Pewter DP and when that was dry covered it with Rock Candy Crackle Paint and when the cracks appeared rubbed Walnut Stain Distress Stain over it, I love how it turned out. The hessian was stuck to card before cutting and I look forward to using the actual framework of that in a future project.
Next I covered the tag with some tissue tape and then did the embellishing pretty much like Tim described. I made 4 flowers with the Tattered Pinecone die, but used the leaves from the Spring Greenery.
Here are some details:
Here you can see the flowers, cut from the French Industrial paper stash.
I died some matching seam binding but made a separate bow which I glued on the length of ribbon that I had put around the tag. As I don't have a Philiosophy tag, I used one of the little heart charms.
Because my tag is so much larger I had space for an extra flower. I also added the month again at the top.
Here you can see a bit of tissue tape sticking out behind the frameworks, I love how it balances out the little text panel on the other side. You can also see that I shaped and distressed the greenery a bit. I added some shading with a Walnut Stain Distress Marker to make the frameworks stick out a bit more and add some depth.
Well, there you are. I have loved doing my April tag, I so love those Frameworks dies and I still have a ton of the little tiles to use in other projects.
Thanks for visiting, have a great weekend and if you celebrate it HAPPY EASTER!!!
Gorgeous Roses Wreath Ephemera Printable!
3 hours ago