Tuesday 1 July 2014

Stencil it for Countryview Challenges

Hello everyone, welcome specially also to new followers, it's wonderful to have you follow along for my crafting journey.

The first of the month is always terribly busy as several challenges start on that day, so this is one of two projects showing on my blog today.  This one is for the Countryview Crafts Challenge blog. The theme there is Stencil it, so make sure to check it out. All you need to do is click HERE
Stencils are so popular and I had great fun creating a special card and matching envelope, using both inks and texture paste.

I started by making an inky background using Dylusions Inks and then sprinkling them with kitchen salt when still wet. When the salt crystals have dried you scrape them off and get this:
Don't you just love it, - and it's so simple!
Next I added some subtle background stamping using the text stamp from the Mercantile set with some teal Stazon ink.
This was followed with some stenciling using some of Tim's Layering stencils using Archival Ink:
This was followed by some further stenciling with texture past through a Crafters Workshop stencil (not available from Countryview Crafts but Dylusions do a very similar one which I will link below. The texture paste was coloured with Distress markers and I also added some more stenciling with a Layering Stencil along the side.
The final touch to the card was to stamp and fussy cut the 3 butterflies from the Classics 17 set and to adhere them to the embossed vine
The card was then mounted first on some white and then olive green card.

The envelope was made with an envelope punch board out of green Core d''nations Kraft core papers and stencilled and stamped in a very similar way:
The bee was stamped separately (it's an Artjourney stamp) and fussy cut.

Hope you like this little set, not sure who it is going to be for yet, but I am sure it will come in handy at some point.

Thanks for dropping in and have a good month!!


21 comments:

May said...

Gorgeous creation Astrid...the salt effect is beautiful... Love the colours & fabulous design....Hugs May x x

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful work Astrid, love the layering and the lovely colours! Hugs, Valerie

Inkypinkycraft said...

a really great background Astrid, love the use of the kitchen salt, havent played with that for ages...maybe its time for a rummage! hgus x

Jane said...

Oh I must get out some salt, that effect is amazing. Your set is such a great idea. I love the colours you used x

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful, beautiful stencilling Astrid and wonderful techniques. Great minds and all if that, I have just been playing with Dylusions and salt too, love your outcome xx

Doreen said...

Fabulous colours and steciling,love the bee.xxx

Maryann Laursen said...

Amazing creation here Astrid, and I love the spring green color and the cute Bee, it´s soooo positive somehow.

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely fabulous!! I need to get some of those inks

Redanne said...

Love your beautiful pieces Astrid, that salt technique gives an amazing result. Love, love the bee! Anne xx

rachel said...

Morning Astrid - wow - must try the salt technique - it looks fabulous!!! Great colours - love this! can't wait to join in! Hugs rachel x

Unknown said...

a beautiful effect thank for the step to step

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely rich colours and the salty effects are so cool - I love those textured ivy leaves too - fabulous!
Alison xx

Jann said...

Love this, Astrid-the background colors are beautiful! You are such an inspiration!

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Astrid,
What wonderful depth you have obtained on your Bg. Great pics on your stages make it easy to follow, beginners would appreciate this. The Tag is gorgeous.
Smiles:)
Sue

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Astrid, such depth in those colours and I had completely forgotten the salt crystals technique - what a fabulous texture you've achieved with it. The project itself is a lovely idea and your stencilling serves to show your colour work off to its best advantage. Fabulous!!!! Chris xxx

Dianne said...

Oh Miss Astrid, you are TOO MUCH, you are so darn Brilliantly Creative. This is soGORGEOUSSSSSS, in my FAVORITE color and favorite technique with the salt. then all that beautiful stamping stenciling, gorgeous butterflies, then a stunning envelope wowzer this A-MA-ZING, thanks for alllll the inspiration...

Jenny Marples said...

Beautiful work Astrid. I love that the stencilling draws the eye through the design on both pieces. Jenny x

KarenB said...

I read somewhere about using sea salt over inks but I haven't tried it yet. I love the effect you achieved with the kitchen salt - and also more easily obtained :) Brilliant colours and layering.

geezercrafter said...

Amazing creation, simply adore the colours and all of the textures, Thankyou for the inspiration.
GeezerCrafter

Unknown said...

Love the intensity of the colors you used... lovely. and the envelope is great too.. love it all... I can send you my address... and then you can send it to me... LOL.. .Lovely set. Wonderful work Astrid... I love your style. Love, Light and peace...Bonnie

Unknown said...

Love the intensity of the colors you used... lovely. and the envelope is great too.. love it all... I can send you my address... and then you can send it to me... LOL.. .Lovely set. Wonderful work Astrid... I love your style. Love, Light and peace...Bonnie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key