It's time for a new challenge at A Vintage Journey where the lovely Annie chose the current theme Dies and Distress. You can read all about it HERE
I decided to alter an Ideaology Assemblage Clock, using lots of Distress and Dies to do so.
I started by taking the glass out of the clock and covering the whole outside with Gesso. I then added some texture past in various places, applying it with my fingers, just to grunge it up a bit.Then I painted the outside with a mix of various brown and Black Soot Distress paints.
Of course I got so caught up in the process that I completely forgot to take pictures, but above and below you get perhaps a bit of an idea of what it looked like...
Next I worked on the inside of the clock
I took the back off the clock and used it as a template for a piece of card that I had run through a clock and gears embossing folder. I carefully cut out the circle and then inked all over it with a mix of Antique Linen, Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Inks. Then I took a piece of ordinary computer paper, stamped a sentiment from the Way with Words set in Jet Black Archival and when dry crumpled it up, flattened it out again and then distressed it with the help of Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
I took a little metal wing from my stash, covered it with Versa Mark and then used Walnut Stain and Tumbled Glass Distress Embossing Powders to create a kind of patina effect. I also used some Verdigris Antiquities powder by Ranger and a bit of Wow Copper EP. I then embellished it further with a flower created with Tattered Florals and a Spellbinders die and some little flowers from my stash.
Now to the outside: On the right I used the mini inkwell and feather die, coloured with Distress Markers and inks. I draped some swirl leafy diecuts around it.
On the left I added some die cut leaves and a little stamped butterfly, fussy-cut by hand as so far I don't own any butterfly dies small enough for this, but the Butterfly Frenzy Decorative Strip die would of course be perfect for this...
The leaves were inked with Peeled Paint Distress Paint and then I went around the edges with Vintage Photo DI.
The top of the clock was further decorated with another die cut as well as a few smaller flowers and further leafy swirls.
Well, hope you like my altered clock and that I have given you a bit of inspiration to play with some of your own dies and Distress products. Make sure you go over to the A Vintage Journey blog, to see all the amazing projects my team mates have created. And of course we all hope that you will play along with our challenge. You could win a £10 voucher from Countryview Crafts and be in with a chance to be chosen as one of our 3 "Pin Worthies". Thanks for visiting today and see you next time!