Friday 13 April 2012

Mini book covers

This is a bit of work in progress as I have just done the covers but I wanted to show it anyway as it is an example of one of the things you can do with my freebies. For the front I used this week's freebie. The back will be coming your way next week....

Front cover

Back cover
First of all I printed the images onto tissue paper. The best way to do this is to take a piece of transparency film or acetate (A4 or 8.5/11"). Stick your tissue paper on to it with removable tape cut carefully to size if needed and run it through your printer on its best setting.

I then glued the printed tissue onto chipboard with Mod Podge. I had previously painted the chipboard with titan buff acrylic paint and inked with vintage photo distress. I love how the slight crinkling of the tissue adds a sort of crackle effect. I then inked the front cover further and added some stamping, shading and a butterfly. For the back I just inked a bit more round the edges, I may add more to it later.

13 comments:

Crafty Loops said...

These are stunning. I love the crinkling affect. Lee x

unni's scrappeboble said...

Wooooooooow, so many lovely things you have made :) Fabelous :)))

Immi said...

Very nice! I love the texture that tissue paper gives!

Sarah said...

So pretty! Thank you the tip for printing on tissue paper....I love that look.

Sandra Wright. said...

Stunning,love the vintage look and the effect of the tissue.

Sandie

Sandy said...

Wow they are absolutely wonderful Astrid.
Fantastic work. I love them. xoxo

craftimamma said...

These are gorgeous Astrid and I too love the tissue paper effect. I love the muted softness of the images too. Stunning work!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Gorgeous cover, love the vintage look.
Have a nice weekend,
hugs Anja

Chris said...

So shabbily, vintagely, beautiful, Astrid. I love the crinkled effect of the tissue and the soft muted colour tones.

Martina said...

Wow, amazing Astrid, I love this fabulous cover!!
It is totally awesome my friend.

Ephemera said...

Hi Astrid, how exquisite these are, would never have thought of printing on tissue paper, thanks so much for sharing the tip. Have a lovely evening. xx

Heather said...

This is lovely! I never would have thought to print on tissue paper. Would it work to use cardstock instead of acetate? My printer won't feed acetate.

Sandie said...

Must try this Astrid, never printed on tissue paper. Adore the appearance, and I cannot wait to see your finished mini book....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key