Monday 22 January 2018

More Gelato fun

Hello friends and thanks for dropping in. Today I have another quote page in my Bulletjournal to share, again inspired by the work of Valerie Sjodin, in fact I am using one of her own quotes.
I set up the page in pencil first. And then I went over it all with my thinnest black Micron pen (0.05)
Next I coloured all the imagerie with Prisma Premier coloured pencils, building everything up with very thin layers. And finally did the background with Gelatos.
I found since doing my last page that the best and smoothest way to blend these without using any water, is with sponge daubers. I scribble some gelato on my glass cutting mat (I am sure an acrylic block or none stick craft mat would work just as well). Rub over it with the sponge dauber and then blend it onto the page. The colours just blend beautifully and everything stays really transparent which I love.
Here's a close up of the central quote still. I copied the quote from the Valerie Sjodin colouring book Colorful Blessings. All the rest is my own design.

Well that's it for today. Have a good week and happy crafting and creating!
xxxxx
Astrid

13 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

More fabulous pages Astrid, really love how you have decorated this one and your lettering is marvellous. Your quote is most endearing and so true to life.
Wishing you a wonderful week ahead.. Hugs Tracey xx

Maryann Laursen said...

WAUW how clever is this? I love your lettering Astrid, it looks really cool and amazing, and the quote is sooo cool too.
Your work is as always just amazing and sooo gorgeous hun.
Have a great week ahead.

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal spread and quotes, gorgeous colours. The lettering is fabulous. Have a great, new week, hugs, Valerie

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a lovely page!Your lettering is beautiful as are your little additions and colouring! Inspiring!! Chrisx

Meggymay said...

This looks lovely, your letter work looks fabulous. It is a super quote to use and the page is decorated beautifully.
Yvonne xx

Annie said...

Fantastic details Astrid and I so love the quote xx

Hugs Annie x

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful page and I can see why you were inspired by that wonderful quote! Your page design is amazing and you created such pretty details on the little bird, I like the crown too 😁. I'll have to try the sponge technique with my gelatos sometime 😉. Wishing you a happy and creative week too! J 😊

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful page, Astrid! The sunny yellow at the top makes the page pop!


Dorthe said...

A beautiful new spread,I love the singing bird, and your beautiful writing, Astrid. Also the stenciling is wonderful, and yes a great quote . Xx

Kate Yetter said...

A wonderful quote! And your lettering is gorgeous. I love the details that you have added around the edges. Lovely!
Kate

froebelsternchen said...

You are on a FLOW Astrid! This spread is amazing again I could 'study' your work for ages and admire every inch of it.
oxo Susi

Jackie PN said...

Just gorgeous Astrid!
i really do love that quote- it is so real!
Great tip about the blending as I do like the way your coloring shows- thank you for this.
hugs,Jackie xx

Words and Pictures said...

Such brilliant lettering, Astrid - and the colour tones are, as always, glowing with blended beauty. Interested to hear you use sponge daubers with the gelatos. I have both daubers and gelatos sitting somewhere, but they'll have to wait til I'm back I think - they're not going to make the suitcase-stash!
Alison x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key