Wednesday 23 August 2017

Something a little different....

Hello friends, tanks for being here! A while back I joined a new facebook group called the Mixed Media Art book group, hosted by the wonderful Marjie Kemper. You can read all about it here.
This month we are using Dina Wakeley's book Artjournal Freedom. This is what I made:
It was inspired by a project Dina shared on page 96 of her book, called Artsy Painted Birds.
I had great fun making it, though I can't share the process steps here, as that would be unfair to Dina. It was just what I needed to loosen up and dig out my paints and just have fun creating. My artsy birds were painted freehand from looking at Dina's example. She used a phototransfer for her's, but as I don't own transfer paper, I just had some fun handsketching them.

A few close ups below:

Some stencilling on the birds


And on another corner of the canvas (it's an 8 x8 " little box canvas).
And some scribbely writing (on purpose, I know it looks terrible, I even need to practise my scribbely writing, - how sad is that). The quote reads:
Hold fast to your dreams
for if dreams die
life is a broken-winged bird
that cannot fly.

Well, that's it for today, not my usual style, but I really needed to break out of my vintage box and do something different again, and this seemed like a fun way of doing that. I would like to thank Marjie for this idea and have an arty/craft time everyone! If you would like to participaate, you can join a dedicated Facebook Group
I will also link this to Jo's wonderful challenge at AJJ with the theme Poetry in Motion.
Thanks for your visit
xxxxx

23 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous art, love your birds :) Take care, Shirleyxx

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely birds! Hugs, Valerie

Maryann Laursen said...

It is very very beautiful and if I could just paint/draw anything ½ as good as this, I would be a really happy bunny, that´s for sure. I think, it´s absolut amazing and looks just fabulous hun. And I love the colors too.

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous canvas and lovely style xxx

chrissie said...

So good to do your own thing while being inspire by others. This is a fantastic canvas and I can see you enjoyed making it

Love Chrissie xx

Annie said...

A fabulous canvas Astrid and your birds are beautiful xxxx Sending best wishes
Annie xx

froebelsternchen said...

This canvas turbed out so beautiful dear Astrid! Thank you very much for joining us at Art Journal Journey this month! This is much appreciated!
Happy day!
oxo Susi

UplayOnline said...

Lovely birds! Hugs, Valerie


หนังใหม่

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my, your little birds are adorable and I love the canvas you have created! Your drawing and painting is beautiful and the stencilled background is so pretty 😁. Your scribbles look great to me and the quote you used is perfect, so inspirational! I always like to try new styles and I really appreciate you linking your beautiful page to my theme 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Art Journal Journey. Enjoy your week! J 😊
p.s. thanks for your lovely comments on my blog and I hope you are enjoying your travels 😁. Have a wonderful time! J x

Jennie Atkinson said...

Such a gorgeous canvas Astrid and I love your sketched birds. They look fabulous x

Unknown said...

Oh oh oh Astrid - your triplets are soooo PRECIOUS. Their colors are SPLENDID. And you know I love it that you painted on canvas!!!! This was just a DELIGHT for me to see. Thank you so much for your inspiration!! Xj.

Dorthe said...

Wonderfully done, Astrid,- love your cute birdies- and the text also say it all !!
Dorthe xxx

Meggymay said...

Its a gorgeous canvas Astrid. the birds look so sweet and it is such a good quote you used as well.
Yvonne xx

sarascloset said...

Astrid, this just smooths my feathers! What a sweet little canvas! You have stretched out of your usual style and created a delightful canvas! Hugs!

Rike said...

Your freehand painted birs are so lovely! The quote is wonderful - I know what you mean, I am also not satisfied with my own writing on pictures.
Rike x

Anonymous said...

Its a wonderful canvas Astrid, this is so very nice the birds. i love this!!!
Happy Weekend
Elke

Redanne said...

I love that you went outside your comfort zone Astrid, your birds are beautiful and I do like your scribbly writing too. I have the book too, but have not had the chance to join in yet but I love what you created! Hugs, Anne xx

Jackie PN said...

Such a beautiful little canvas Astrid! Thanks for sharing! xo

Anke said...

WOW WOW WOW absolutely stunning, Astrid. I love your canvas with the birds.

Hugs
Anke

Julia Aston said...

What a sweet little canvas Astrid! love your colorful birds! Julia xx

Dortesjs said...

your scribbely looks great love your canvas

Words and Pictures said...

I love this feelgood canvas - the colours are so uplifting, and those birds are absolutely charming. I would have joined in with the Mixed Media Book group - but it's happening in the land of FB, sadly... I shall enjoy it vicariously via you and Marjie!
Alison x

UplayOnline said...

I love your canvas with the birds.


ทางบ้าน

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key