Monday 24 July 2017

Nature Journal, installment 2

Hello friends, thanks for coming by.
Today I am sharing the first few pages of my new nature journal. If you missed the first installment, you can find it here.
The insert was made from kraftcard, the actual pages were all done on 180grm hotpress watercolour paper.
All of the pages were done  using two differnt stamps by Penny Black's new Poetic collection and were inspired by the work of two of their designers, Jill Foster and Micheline Jourdain, also known as Mimi. You can find their amazing work on Youtube HERE

I used a mix of watercolour paints, Distress Inks and watercolour brushmarker and pencils.
Here another version, using the same stamp. My plan had been to create some light summery creataions, but the weather here in Edinburgh where I live, has been so grey and gloomy, that all of them have turned out rather autumnal......


For the next two pages I added some more background stamping and subtle stenciling.
And below, the final one, probably the most autumnal of all.......


The background stamp on the top left here is a Michelle Ward stamp that I have had for years, I am so glad I rediscovered it, you can expect to see more of it in the future, - I always love it when I come across some old and forgotten stamps......

Anyway, that's it for today, thanks for your visit, and have a good week!
xxxxx

15 comments:

Julia Aston said...

What beautiful colors and dimension you achieved on your leaves and flower stems Astrid - Lovely pages for your journal! Julia xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal pages, so vintage and detailed, just gorgeous. Hugs, Valerie

Maryann Laursen said...

Just fabulous work here as usual Astrid. I´m really blown away with your gorgeous flowers and leaves here. All is sooo beautiful and well made and looks sooo amazing and totally real to me here. Really gorgeous work on every page here, can´t wait to see the whole journal all finished sometime soon. You are such a talented lady.

Brenda Brown said...

Beautiful pages Astrid with delightful imagery and quotes, they must look amazing together in your journal xxx

chrissie said...

Terrific pages and such amazing images to work with Astrid

Love Chrissie xx

Redanne said...

Wonderful pages Astrid, very Autumnal and very vintage looking. I really love the water drops on the leaf, they look amazing!! Hugs, Anne xx

Dorthe said...

Beautiful pages, Astrid,and I love your coloring on every page, the water drops are gorgeous looking and so are your flowers!!
I must have a look at these stamps.
Hugs, Dorthe

froebelsternchen said...

Absolutely amazing pages dear Astrid! So so beautiful!
Have a happy new week !
oxo Susi

Meggymay said...

They are all beautiful pages Astrid, I love the colour shades. It could well be autumn here as well, its so cold and grey.
Yvonne xx

Diana Taylor said...

Gorgeous work - all totally beautiful. I love the colours and the stamps are just wonderful, especially your long forgotten but newly found one!

sarascloset said...

Beautiful pages, Astrid! I love nature journals, and this is so inspiring! Your water coloring is lovely! Hugs!

Jackie PN said...

Astrid, this is absolutely stunning!! I love each page more than the last! Your coloring of the leaves is just brilliant!
Thank you so much for sharing! xx

Words and Pictures said...

Such beautiful pages, Astrid - and they make me doubly happy, as I've just bought that leaf stamp too! Not inked it yet, of course... Glorious colour tones both on your leaves and on those wonderful daisies. Being of melancholy hue in colour, usually, the final page really appeals to me - nothing wrong with a touch of autumnal gloom when it's this beautiful!
Alison x

Margaret Mifsud said...

Another Wow!! Such amazing pages Astrid! I am in love with gorgeous leaf stamp and, in each instance, you have coloured it beautifully. I love each and every one of these and this book will be amazing!! Have a wonderful day! hugs xx

SewPaperPaint said...

So so beautiful! What a book this will be! Hugs, Autumn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key