Wednesday 26 July 2017

A Trio of Oxide Tags

Hello friends and thanks for dropping in. Yesterday my new colours of Oxides arrived, and I just really wanted to play, so here you go, my first exploration with some of the new (and some of the old) Doxides

At first I thought I would use these as bookmarks, but as size 8 tags are the perfect size to fit inside the Eileen Hull journal die journals, I think I will add them to the next insert of my nature journal, - that way I have the chance to make loads more as they were so much fun to do.
Below a few more detdails.
This one was actually the last one I made, but as I discovered a new (for me anyway) technique, I thought I would share it first. The colours I used were Wild Honey, Antique Linen and Twisted Citron from the new colours, and Peeled Paint, Iced Spruce and Walnut Staian from the old colours. I did a mix of spritzing and dipping and blending and spritzing etc (just playing in other words), and then I used a stencil and wet baby wipe to see what would happen, and tada, pure magic (well I think so anyway)...
I'll definitely be using that technique again. Anyway, below the finished tag:
Tim Holtz Wild Flower stamp was stamped in Walnut Stain Doxide and then clear embossed.
The other two tags were done in a very similar way but minus the baby wipe stencilling, below a few close ups:
This one started as a mop up tag, again using a mix of the old and new colours. This time the stamp was stamped on a torn bit of watercolour paper, clear embossed and coloured with Tombow markers and a small brush.

And finally, the one below, again, done in a similar way but this time using an old stamp from my stash (sorry can't remember who made it).
Stencilled with two colurs of Distress Crayons, I always love the 3 D effect of that.
Sentiment cut from a very old Tim Holtz ticket,  love going through my old stash.... :o)
Anyway, hope you like my little exploration into the world of Oxide Distress Inks, - the more I play with them the more I love them.....

Thanks for your visit today and stay creative!
xxxxx

27 comments:

chrissie said...

Such beautiful tags and just right for a book. Your new oxides colours look amazing

Love Chrissie xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tags, love the colours and design. I was lucky enough to win the 12 New colours from a shop here. Hugs, Valerie

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous tags Astrid, love the beautiful nature theme to go with your journal.
Avril xx

Meggymay said...

Gorgeous tags Astrid and it was a good tip about the baby wipe, I will be trying that one out soon.
Yvonne xx

Helen Wallace said...

It's always fun to call into your blog and see what you've been creating. I'm a huge fan of the oxides too and I love what you've created here. Definitely going to try the baby wipe technique with that fabulous look. Thanks for sharing.

Maryann Laursen said...

Really amazing result on these tags Astrid, and sooo beautiful. They really looks awesome all 3 of them and I love the colors, you´ve mixed here, everything really turned out beautiful and fantastic.

Annie said...

a fantastic new technique Astrid and I just love the outcome...will certainly try this once the decks are cleared in the classroom. Thank You for sharing your beautiful tags and they will be simply stunning in your journal pages.

See you soon
Annie xx

Redanne said...

The Oxide backgrounds are gorgeous Astrid, especially that first one, it is really magical and such a great technique. These tags will look so beautiful in your journal! Hugs, Anne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my, these are simply stunning! The oxides are fantastic and thanks for sharing your new technique too, for some reason I've never thought of using a stencil and baby wipe on Distress Inks and I'm not sure why as I use this technique with gelatos all the time. The results are amazing ... I love it! ... so thanks very much for the inspiration 😀. The flower stamps are so pretty and I like how you added the words too - perfect! Enjoy your week! J 😊

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Your tags are gorgeous, I love the backgrounds... you are making me think I 'need' to try the Oxides.. .I've been resisting. Maybe when we are settled into our new home. Take care xx

Marisa Job said...

Gorgeous tags! Love the colors and texture!!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous tags with the Oxides Astrid, adore your backgrounds combined with the wildflowers. Wonderful. Tracy x

Dorthe said...

They are all so very beautiful Astrid , love the muted look of the Distress Oxides, and the stamps so lovely, too. Thank you for telling of your new technique , it looks gorgeous ,dear ! xoxo

Corrie Herriman said...

They are gorgeous ! Love the idea with the stencil and the baby wipe...
Corrie x

Hazel Agnew said...

Wonderfully inspiring Astrid. Need to get mine out again soon. I think that I have the third stamp and seem to think that it is from Crafty Individuals. Xx

froebelsternchen said...

What a fantastic trio of tags - each one is an eyecatcher ! Wonderful designs Astrid!
oxo Susi

SewPaperPaint said...

Yummy yum yum! Your play was quite the success. What amazing color blends and the baby wipe technique is superb! I have yet to try that either and will just have to get busy! Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs, Autumn

Brenda Brown said...

..... and what a wonderful trio of tags these are. I adore the colours and designs with those beautiful flowers on each of them. A wonderful collection Astrid xxx

Christiane Courtin-Mangez said...

Purement merveilleux !!, merci de ces merveilles !!

Jackie PN said...

Your tags are gorgeous Astrid! I just love those flower stamps! And I have those little corner pieces, never knew where to use them till now!
Thanks for always being so inspiring! hugs & love,Jackie xx

Words and Pictures said...

An utterly lovely trio, Astrid. The baby-wipe stencilling technique is an excellent one and it looks so beautiful here... Gorgeous flower stamping - particularly love the tinting on the little blue one on its torn panel, and the background on that one is stunning too. Altogether wonderful! Looking forward to many more...
Alison x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Your first go? WOW...what a test drive. LOVE them all, and love the older images too!

akkina van steen said...

In een woord prachtig geworden.😃

Adriana B said...

lovely tags Astrid, love them all, great for your journal :)

Margaret Mifsud said...

Isn't it awesome when you have a little play with some newly acquired goodies and the results come out as spectacular as this!! Each one of these tags is stunning Astrid. I love the colours, the designs and the gorgeous flower stamps .. it all melds together so beautifully!! hugs xx

sarascloset said...

Your tags are inspiration, Astrid! Lucky you to have those new colors--they are at the top of my wish list! Beautiful technique--I'm pinning/bookmarking for my next play time in the Closet! Hugs!

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh, Astrid, each is more beautiful than the next. I've pinned them all for future ogling. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key