Friday 13 January 2017

Recipes Folder, Freebies and more....

Hi all and thanks for dropping in. Today I want to share a project that is a spin off from my planner, - it's a recipe's folder.

I will share a quick tutorial on how I put it together, using a file folder and some of my own freebies which you are very welcome to use. I designed them so they would fit in more or less with my other planner stuff, which you can see here. They are inspired by the beautiful Blue Fern papers I used for the planner.

Folder:
1. Fold up the bottom of the folder to about 3 inches to create a pocket on both sides (to hold the recipes)


2.Cut along the two outer score lines in the folder up to your fold line.


3.Fold this tab in and glue down


4. Close the folder and trim down the side of the folder so it lines up with the tab.


5. Round the corners if wished.

That's the basic construction done, the front and back are now approx. 8 x 8, which is the size I designed my papers at so they can easily be printed on either A4 or 8.5 by 11 paper.

6. Next I printed my papers, trimmed them to the correct size, inked the edges, added a few bits of stamping here and there and all that was left was to adhere them to my folder and decorate the pockets.

Front

Back

I added a  few bits of stamping to it just for fun

They are from a set by Andy Skinner, just perfect for this project I thought...
Here is the inside with the pockets:

Inside left, decorated with a few diecuts
Inside right.


Please note it is important to adhere the papers to both the insides and the pockets before gluing the pockets down.

So how does this relate to my planner? Well I made meal planners for every week, see below:


This so that I can plan my meals ahead obviously, but my main idea was also to try out new and healthy recipes, rather than throwing something together with whatever happens to be in the fridge when I get home from work.  I keep the recipes on one of my Pinterest boards here. The ones I really like I print out, but instead of having them fly around I can now keep them in my folder :o)

Anyway, here finally are the papers in case you want to make a folder of some sort yourself.

This is the same paper as the one above, just without the recipe text so it can be used for other things.




I left this one plain, I used it for my pockets but of course it could be used for anything.

I am indebted to  The Graphics Fairy and The Old Design Shop who both constantly share an abundance of wonderful  free graphics that I have used again and again including here, both for stamps and images.
Like always, you are free to use my designs in whatever way you want, just don't sell them as they are.



29 comments:

Roberta Warshaw said...

Lovely idea!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Absolutely brilliant idea Astrid and sooooo gorgeous too!!! Love those papers .. stunning!! I just love the whole idea of printing out some lovely recipes and keeping in this gorgeous folder. Definitely pinching this idea and I will be using those papers .. thank you so much for sharing .. I love it!!!! xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Great idea and lovely papers, thanks for sharing! Hugs, Valerie

Shortbread and Ginger said...

What a brilliant idea! The papers are just gorgeous!

chrissie said...

A wonderful idea Astrid and very beautiful. I think my MIL would love one of those as she has recipes scattered in her kitchen drawer.

Thank you for the idea and how to make it

Love Chrissie xx

Maryann Laursen said...

What an amazing project here again Astrid, and it looks soo fabulous too. Thanks sooo much for sharing both the ideas and the great papers and sheets here with us, it´s most apreciated, that´s for sure. You always makes such awesome work and also this here is totally awesome as well, thanks so very much.
Have a wonderful week-end ahead here now and lots of fun too I hope.

Studio Susanne said...

Hi Astrid,
Wishing you a very happy new year and hoping that it brings you an abundance of good health,happiness,fun times, light, love and all things good.
Thank you for sharing this delightful project, it is so pretty and ticks all the boxes for me as I really love shabby chic goodies.
THe freebies are gorgeous too, I look forward to having some fun with these little gems.
Lots of love and warmest best wishes from France,
Su
-x-

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

gorgeous recipe holder ! The pages are beautiful as well. I hope you are doing well, cheers, Shirleyxx

Marisa Job said...

Beautiful as always and great instructions! Have a great weekend!

beth b said...

Thank you! So very pretty! Love this idea!!

Monika Gulyas said...

Wonderful project, Astrid! It's beautiful inside and out! Thank you for the instructions!

Pat Beaumont said...

an inspiring project - love the papers

Meggymay said...

This is another fantastic idea, it would be good for gifting recipe swaps with friends.
Yvonne xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

It's amazing what one can do with a file folder. LOVE the recipe idea, and gorgeous images!

Jackie PN said...

Astrid, thank you so much for the tutorial! And these papers you share are just gorgeous! You are so clever,my friend! hugs,Jackie xx

Helen Wallace said...

Another beautiful project from Chez Astrid. Your projects are always so well demonstrated and your sharing of them is truly generous. thank you.

Pamellia said...

This is such a great project idea Astrid, and I just adore the finished piece! Wonderful concept and so just so beautiful. Happy weekend :)

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely papers on your beautiful Recipes folder... I love how you've added those fab Andy Skinner stamps. Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous designs - love that crackle effect over the top.
Alison x

Margie said...

Gorgeous papers Astrid (for which thank you) and I love the idea of your recipe holder. I would like to make something like this but don't know where to get the kraft file folders from. I've looked on Amazon but they don't look the same as these with the tabs on. Did you get them in the UK or from the US? Thanks so much. Margie x

Craftychris said...

Ooh this is wonderful! It will make looking for your recipes a real pleasure! xxx

Rita said...

Hello my friend. Trying hard to catch up with things. This is just what I need to hold my recipes. Love the papers and the whole idea. Can I use your idea please. Hope to catch up soon. Hugs Rita xxxx

Chrisy said...

Clever and very beautiful!

Michelle said...

This is not only beautiful, but also very clever!

DSP2 said...

These are beautiful! Thanks for sharing them with us, and also your process on how to use them!

Diana Taylor said...

Your papers are exquisite and thank you so much for sharing them, I'll definitely be printing one or two of them out. Your folder is gorgeous and I love the stamping, it just adds that extra something! And as always, your attention to detail is perfect.

Pamellia said...

What a gorgeous project Astrid! I really love that flower image, so vintage and yet full of spring cheer! Your comment about Donald Trump really made me giggle this morning, no need to apologize for that! lol. Hope you are having a lovely winter, I hear your weather there is just as messed up as ours is! happy weekend, sending hugs :)

rkramadh said...

The folder idea and especially your project and papers you designed are all just gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing your papers so freely and generously, much appreciate it. You are so talented to take the graphics from GF and create something so beautiful that I only can dream of....

Dorthe said...

Oh, it is so very beautiful, Astrid, I love how you created it , and the most wonderful papers you created, and used. Such a very special folder, to keep great meal recipes inside , dear. And thank you for the beautiful papers, too. Xoxo

A Pink said...

Such a fantastic idea -so inspiring Astrid. You have the knack of being able to turn a file folder into the most gorgeous creations , practical too .
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key