Wednesday 26 November 2014

Tag time and happy mail!

Hello everyone and lovely to have you visiting! Welcome to followers old and new.
Today I want to share my Tim Holtz November tag. The original can of course be found HERE.
I followed Tim's instructions pretty much exactly, so I won't go into how I made it as you can read all about that on Tim's blog. I just used a different colour scheme, as here in Scotland, the Autumn colours have pretty much disappeared, so I kept it more wintery. The colours I used were Antique Linen, Pumice Stone and Aged Mahogany, for the background, and Walnut Stain and Brushed Pewter on the corrugated card.
I don't have the Ranger foil, so I used Pebeo instead, it's actually much lighter gold than it came out on the photos, so really goes quite well with the pewter colour, even though I normally would not mix gold and silver....

I did not have the embellishments Tim used, so used a word band and enamel number instead.

I decided at the beginning of the year to mount all of my 12 tags on a larger size 10 tag, so stuck with that idea, here is the background to the larger tag:
I painted the tag with Snow White Fresco Finish paint and then spritzt with Brushed Pewter, Iced Spruce and Walnut Stain sprays and did a little bit of background stamping too.

I cut a little tab for the top with the tiny tags and tabs die out of silver Mirri card and then aged it with Brushed Pewter and Walnut Stain sprays. When I heat set it, it started to bubble and gave a cool metal effect, - great new discovery that..
I added the month with the little Tim Holtz letter stickers, sanding them a bit first to distress them, a cool trick I learnt from the wonderful Paula Cheney a while back.
I adhered the smaller tag onto the larger one at a slight angle and that was pretty much it.
Now while I was at it, I decided to turn the leaf which had been cut from corrugated card into a Christmas card, using a very similar colour scheme:
I decorated the inside of my card in a similar way as my previous set of cards, as all the stamps etc were still on my desk.
Well, that's it for today. I'll be back on Friday when there is a new challenge over at A Vintage Journey.

I am of course adding my tag to Tim's Tag Challenge for November. Not much time to spare, but at least I made it...

Now to the Happy Mail: A while back I did some translating for the wonderful Dagmar, who lives in Germany and struggles with English. Well, look what arrived in the post a couple of days ago:
This stunning tag! It was a project she posted on the Countryview Challenge blog as she was a winner and I helped her translating the description, it's so stunning!
But, that was not all, look at this:
A stunning little folder, not only beautiful, but practical too, for inside it looks like this:

There is a space to keep notes: Gift ideas, To do list,  shopping list and Christmas cards.
Such a clever and practical idea.


And last but not least, a lovely little desk calendar booklet:
Love the mail art style of the covers!
Here is the inside:

Thank you sooooo much Dagmar!!!

Well that is it for now. Have a fantastic week everyone!!

32 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

Sooo much beauty shown here tonight, both from you, and also your stunning gifts from Dagmar as well. Everything here is absolutely stunning, and so was the gorgeous parcel, that I recieved in my mail here yesterday. I absolutely loved it hun, nd I have already used the first twpo papers from it now, and you definitely hit the nail with what you picked for me, I love everything. And also the stunning card, that came with it as well.Thanks so very much.

Bridget Larsen said...

Love the corrugated tag, I need to do a tag card and this one might just be what I like, have to find some corrugated cb though. not sure if that exists in this house lol, have everything else.

Redanne said...

Oh Astrid, I do love your Tim tag, it is gorgeous! I need to get my skates on and do mine...

Your gifts from Dagmar are wonderful, what a lovely and thoughtful thing to do... Hugs, Anne xx

Lys said...

I love this tag and these details like the tab in its metallic rusty way. And as before your idea to stuck it on another tag. Dagmar's gifts are gorgeous ans it's always wonderful to see the creations led by friendship relations.

Terry said...

Astrid, the November tag is utterly gorgeous and the colors are so rich. The added bonus card is also so lovely! Wonderful thank you mail and so deserved. Enjoy!

Rita said...

Well Astrid, this tag just takes my breath away, it is absolutely stunning, the wonderful textures and colours are a treat to behold. What a lovely friend to send such beautiful gifts too. Hugs Rita xxx

rachel said...

stunning work Astrid - just beautiful - thanks for the inspiration! Hugs rachel x

Meggymay said...

Fabulous tag Astrid, love how you used the leaf on your card as well.
Yvonne

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Love your tag with the gorgeous darkred background and the cut out top...lovely in total!
And what a great mail did you receive...very kind of Dagmar!
Enjoy :-)
Greetings, Alie

Evelyn Walter said...

The tag looks so great! I like your color choice more than Tims.
Dagmar, die Sachen sind ganz wunderschön geworden!
Hugs
Evelyn

Julia S-W said...

Astrid what a beautiful tag! I LOVE the background you've created and the colours are stunning. I need some of those sprays I fear! Love that you were able to use your leaf to make another gorgeous creation too.
What wonderful gifts you received from your friend. I love the little notebook in particular.
Juliaxx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Your tags are gorgeous (again) and your happy mail gifts are beautiful as well. Thanks to your inspiration I did manage to work on a canvas today but it's a DT piece that won't be shown on my blog until January. it doesn't look like your gorgeous art, but I was happy to get back playing with mixed media). Cheers, Shirleyxx

Dagmar said...

Dein Tag ist wunderschön - mir geht es wie Evelyn - deine Farben gefallen mir noch besser als auf Tims Inspiration!
Ich freue mich, das mir die Überraschung gelungen ist und ich dir Freude bereiten konnte. Ganz liebe Grüße, Dagmar

Stamps and Paper said...

Astrid your tag us stunning such beautiful colours and textures....your otter projects are also gorgeous...

Anne

brenda said...

A post packed with lush makes Astrid, both your own and Dagmar's, I could happily look at Autumnal themed makes year round.

B x

chrissie said...

The tag is amazing. Such rich colours and terrific ideas.

So pleased you got nice things in the post and thank you for sharing those with us

Love Chrissie x

froebelsternchen said...

So much beautiful stuff here this day Astrid.. I simply adore both of the tags... utterly beautiful!

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Firstly,your tag is beyond stunning Astrid,such deep,rich colours. Secondly,wow your happy mail is wonderful! I just adore arty swaps,they are the best :)

Big hugs

Donna xxx

Jennie Atkinson said...

Astrid your tag is just beautiful - the colour combinations are just wonderful (so much depth and beauty) and the flecks of gold are just stunning. I love it more than the original.

And what wonderful gifts from Dagmar - happy mail indeed!

Jennie x

massofhair said...

How fantastic to receive such thoughtful and impressive projects from Dagmar, loving the colours she has used. I am sure you will treasure them!

Your Tag is awesome and so is the stunning Christmas card to add to your others. I really am a huge fan of your style Astrid, always a pleasure to visit and learn from you :-) xxx

bockel24 said...

I really love your tag and its colours, Astrid!

bockel24 said...

I really love your tag and its colours, Astrid!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Astrid, just love that leaf die, just finished a project using it myself. The card is stunning too but then everything you make is gorgeous.
Happy crafting, Angela x

Dorthe said...

Dear Astrid, your tag is a gorgeous take on Tim`s ( as I also viewed ) I love your red leafe ,-and the gold I think looks amazing....sometimes gold and silver just looks great together !
The gifts are wonderful,too,- it is so special with friends from over the world, I think.
Dorthe, xxoo

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag Astrid, the leaf looks like it's just fallen from it's tree ! Your gifts are beautiful too ! Sue C x

Ellie Knol said...

Astrid, you've made some eye-candy again!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful November tag Astrid! Great colours and I love the little tab at the top. I was having trouble with mine so I popped over here for some inspiration and everything worked out in the end. THANK YOU for sharing all your beautiful work with us. Karen. X

Words and Pictures said...

What a glorious take on Tim's tag. Your glowing red leaf with its touches of gold is beautiful, and I love your bubbly inked tab. What a lovely package of things from Dagmar too!
Alison xx

Margaret Mifsud said...

So much gorgeousness in this post Astrid, I am still drooling. Love the tag. As always you took Tim's design and made it look even better. (Love the tip for creating the metal effect) The card is stunning (of course) and each piece in your happy mail is simply gorgeous! Absolutely loved this post. ox

Ros Crawford said...

Oh I LOVE that tag!! So gorgeous and your card is beautiful ... Lovely happy mail!!

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful artwork, as always, Astrid!

Anonymous said...

{whispering} ... don't tell The Tim man ... but I 100% prefer your tag. It has a more encompassing feel of the season about it. It's richer, warmer, crisper, sharper, but more ... professional. It' has a finish which makes it perfect.

But let's keep that between me and your gazillion followers. eh? lol.
~ Cobs. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key