Saturday 17 November 2012

Christmas Recipe Book guest designing for Calico Crafts



I feel honoured to have been invited again to be a guest designer for Calico Crafts this month. I was asked to use some of their beautiful papers. Now I like making my own backgrounds but I adore using gorgeous papers, so this was right up my street!

 Christmas  is a big affair in our house and with a large extended family, Christmas dinner is a big occasion with up to 20 people every year.The moment I saw the beautiful Kaisercraft Turtle Dove Collection I knew I wanted to use them for a book to keep all my Christmas recipes in, handy to have them all together and also making a lovely keepsake to pass on to my daughter when it becomes her turn to host this annual affair….. (I wish......)
Here are a few of the pages, to see the full project please head over to here, you won't regret it as there many wonderful projects from their talented design team. There is a cool shop too with many unusual products!
Anyway, here are a few more pages to whet your appetite and I would love it if you left a comment over there.



20 comments:

Sandie said...

Wow Astrid, your recipe book is amazing, and you have certainly done that paper-range justice. What a fantastic idea to keep recipes of Christmas in a book.... love the antique flair, and the design... so beautiful!

Sandy said...

Wow an unbelievable album.
I love them.

Great design.
Fabulous work my dear friend.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, your book is perfectly vintage looking. Love it!

Ephemera said...

What a fantastic idea Astrid, looks awesome off to have a look now. XX

cristina said...

Precioso!!! me gusta mucho este estilo tan vintage

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

gorgeous !

Dorthe said...

Such beautiful images, dear Astrid, oh the book will be such a wonderful keepsake, for you and later your daughter...you made it so beautifully old fashioned, and so wonderful, as alwayes.
Hugs,Dorthe

Lucy Edmondson said...

What a beautiful idea! You work is always stunning. I hope you get to hand over the mantle soon,

Lucy x

Maryann Laursen said...

WOUW this is absolutely gorgeous Astrid, I love how you made this album. What an awesome gift it would be to someone for christmas too.

Heather Jacob said...

wow this is outstanding and such a beautiful vintage feel to it too .love love love love it so much x

Unknown said...

Always amazing!! Love the book. The front cover is just fantastic!!

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Awesome ! like always !

Words and Pictures said...

Stunningly beautiful, Astrid! The front cover is adorable (oh, the heart letters!), and the page with the layered doily + punched pocket + gorgeously framed insert + lined paper is glorious! Will certainly go and sing its praises over at Calico too!!
Alison xx

chrissie said...

Very beautiful and a wonderful way to store Christmas Recipes

Love Chrissie xxx

Ros Crawford said...

Congrats on your Guest Spot ... lovely album!

Netty said...

wow another wonderful project Astrid, loving the great vintage style, xx

Jenny Marples said...

Just been over to see you're beautiful book at Calico Crafts. WOW!!! It is an absolute gem of a project, and what an heirloom. I now NEED Treasure Gold Wax! Hugs, Buttons x

Andrea said...

What a wonderful, wonderful work - love it!
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41

Bärbel said...

Das Buch ist märchenhaft schön, Astrid!

Sarah said...

This is so warm and absolutely gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key