Tuesday 24 April 2012

Time for a card

It's been an age since I either made a card or entered a challenge. Well, I had some new stamps from Just Rite and some other new goodies that I really wanted to give a work out and I also love embossing, so decided to enter this card for the Fashionable Stamping Challenge where the theme is embossing. I used 4 different embossing techniques for this card: I embossed the background with a TH embossing folder, I embossed the vocal image and the butterfly with black EP after stamping them with Versamark, The word Imagine was embossed through a Spellbinders die, (the new Donna Salazar word dies), and the backing to the word is a tiny scrap of a paper using embossing powder after it has gone through an embossing folder that has been inked up. There is a cool tutorial on this on Splitcoast stampers, you can find it here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/fauxpatina/?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_cam. It's called Faux Patina, great fun to do.



I am also entering this for ”Simon Says Stamp “Your Favourite Word”

9 comments:

CraftygasheadZo said...

It's lovely! Zo xx

Sandy said...

Absolutely lovely Astrid.
Stunning work my friend. Love it. xoxo

fairyrocks said...

This is beautiful work. You should enter it in this weeks challenge at Scrapbookers Paradise Ponderings. It runs weekly and a new prize is given away every Friday.
Keep smiling and creating

Jan said...

Lovely effects Astrid and beautiful result.

Claire said...

Gorgeous project Astrid. I love the rich colours and all the different embossing techniques are perfect for our challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges
Claire xx

Mrs.B said...

A beautiful card Astrid. Love the fact that you have used so many embossing techniques in one place.
Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
Avril xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Graet composition with wonderful layers. Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.

Lynne Forsythe said...

The colors are just as SCRUMPTIOUS as your card!! Love it!

THANKS BUNCHES for playing along with Simon Says Stamp and Show!!!

Ephemera said...

Hi Astrid, firstly how did I miss this!! It's absolutely beautiful, and I love the embossing. You always create such beauty. Thanks so much for joining us at FSC. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key