Saturday 16 April 2011

Altered box and some vintage Easter Eggs

Here is an altered cigar box. I covered and lined it with Prima Botanical Collection papers. It is a real old cigar box which I got for free in a tobacconist.

I am also working on some more papers myself in a similar colour and style which I will be posting soon.

The lid of the box



The inside of the box.


The colour of these papers is much more light sage green, not turqoise like on these photos (sorry).

Here is a selection of vintage easter eggs. They are blown out eggs, gessoed (you can't get white eggs in the UK) and then covered with tissue paper. I then stamped and/or printed on some more tissue for the designs and then modpodged it onto the eggs. Stamps are from Oxfort Impressens and Stempleglede. Images from the Graphics Fairy, thank you!!


A couple of close ups of the eggs

11 comments:

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Wow what a stunning piece. Love the eggs!

Ephemera said...

What a brilliant idea! Love them both!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, you've been very creative, wonderful pieces.

Netty said...

How wonderful to get a free cigar box like this and you have altered it so beautifully and loving your eggs as well. Enjoy your Sunday Astrid. Annette x

Elaine A said...

Astrid -

Such lovely work. I really love the cigar box, such an old vintage look. And the Easter eggs are just precious. Love your work.

Elaine Allen

alveen said...

What a lovely box to keep 'special' letters and cards in.
Love the eggs, what a great idea!

indybev said...

These eggs are exquisite, Astrid. I found it interesting you can't get white eggs in the UK. No Leghorn chickens there, huh?

Junibears said...

I'm so glad I scrolled down Astrid. Your decorated box is just fantastic. What a lovely keepsake! And your patience in decorating those eggs...My, my! They are exquisite! And thank you too for the lovely papers! Hugs xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Wow! Your box is gorgeous Astrid, as are the eggs!

Unknown said...

EGGMAZING:)

Anke said...

WOW der Wahnsinn liebe Astrid, was für eine wundervolle Box und auch die Eier schauen zauberhaft aus.

Herzliche Grüße
von Anke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key